Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a decent player, but not much better than what we have tbh.

Players like Harrison and Barnes are a bit meh really. 

Barnes is a class player.

Harrison is alright.

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

That total_villa will indulge any transfer rumour. It’s so clearly not going to happen it’s funny. 

Yeah I lost any kind of respect for him when he started quoting bloody Ekrem Konur 🤦‍♂️ BS merchant.

5 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Has anyone mentioned Milner on a free? If we can dig up the corpse of Downing and renew Young’s contract we could have a vintage Villa midfield trio for when we’re playing FC Halstatt on a Thursday night

I'm sure the commentators mentioned him as a possibility for Brighton, which was random.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Didn’t he say the other day he’s enjoyed being there and hopes he can stay under the new manager? I’m sure I read that somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Felix was quoted I think last week saying he wants to stay at Chelsea, but it’s out of his control

Didn’t see that (paid zero attention to Chelsea) but don’t know how much credence or how genuine his words are… he’s not their player, no deal done?

Tbh, I’m not overly “crazy” about any potential targets but it’s always fun to speculate. As long as Unai gets whoever he wants, full trust and faith in him. What a manager and what a guy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ponky said:

I agree that RW and RB are our main weaknesses. One thing I think needs addressing is keeping possession higher up the pitch when we're under the pump.

Neither Bailey not Buendia is really cut out for this and give the ball away too frequently for mine. We need someone with a combination of pace and strength for that I think. No idea who.

i agree.  i'm not sure if Emery wants more of a wing (how bailey played it) or more of a a withdrawn forward (how SJM and Buendia played it)   Maybe he wants one of each and change to fit the match  But out other, and I think biggest need, is a strong, young, reliable, back-up keeper.

18 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I do wonder if our transfer plans will be slightly different now that we’ve qualified for Europe.

I don’t think it will change the type of quality players we go for, it will mean we will probably sign a couple more than we would have, just for more squad depth.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Looks like Ugarte is off to Chelsea.

**** hate that cheating dogshit club.

Do Chelsea have the problem that they have so many players that some veru expensive senior players are unhappy they don't get games... Chelsea's answer to that is to sign more players....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm sure the commentators mentioned him as a possibility for Brighton, which was random.

Hasn't that been on the cards for a while? I thought they'd maybe even already done a deal just not officially announced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Could be great….

Could be awful…..

Just my opinion but…

It’s high time we target a “higher bracket” of player or those with major potential (star quality). No more mediocrity or overpriced/overrated players…

Makes little sense to go British in the transfer market… we have our own British players and will continue to bring quality through our academy…

Mings, Konsa, McGinn, JJ, Watkins all excellent under Unai. 

We have exciting and talented youngsters to come back into the squad, returning from loans…

So, for me anyway, it’s a no to the likes of Odoi and even Barnes. And people like Harrison although that’s a BS link. That doesn’t show any ambition or scouting expertise imo (look at Brighton!). Targets more suited to lower half teams who are addicted to wasting money imo…

Time to show genuine ambition and genuinely kick on this time…

A player who’s not good enough for Chelsea is not really good enough for us and where we want to be… overpriced (inc wages) and overrated too.

There’s value and talent in foreign leagues such as La Liga. Moreno genuinely enhanced us… and how many people would have brought his name up beforehand?

Yes to exciting young talent such as Lee Kang-in, Neco Williams etc. who will cost less/bring more quality/talent and prove to be much better value than “known” or British/PL “names”…

I’d rather we didn’t just pick up scraps from the relegated teams either… set sights a lot higher…

Use that scouting network as well as Unai’s extensive knowledge. Move on from the usual/tired old names and dross.

Anyway, whatever Unai wants Unai should get 😄

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

Thought we'd see a lot of the on loan older players- Nakamba / Sanson / Davis etc go, but with needing almost 2 teams next season, could be reason to keep them, at least until we sign replacements. You only have to look at the bench yesterday to see how short we are in attacking options. 

I don't think we will be holding on to them, Sanson was let go on loan as he wanted regular first team football fair play to him. I'd be surprised if Marv and Davis were to be in Unai's plans. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Anyway, whatever Unai wants Unai should get 😄

I’m absolutely fine with that. I only have time enough to watch Villa so can’t really comment too much on the other European/World leagues. Whereas Unai devotes every waking hour to his studies. Backed with our recruitment and data teams, he will know each player better than their own manager knows them. I trust him to know what we need over my own opinion. 

That said, it’s fun to speculate and it’s way more exciting to wish for top young talent like Williams and Kang-In, compared to Premier League relegation fodder or ‘top six cast offs’. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Time to show genuine ambition and genuinely kick on this time…

Just remember that almost every piece of success in Emery’s career has been via signing underwhelming/underperforming players and dramatically improving them. I can see us having some signings this summer that get real moans on here but a year down the line look genius.

16 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Just remember that almost every piece of success in Emery’s career has been via signing underwhelming/underperforming players and dramatically improving them. I can see us having some signings this summer that get real moans on here but a year down the line look genius.

Well… it depends really. Some clubs don’t have the resources or wealth. Maybe he was restricted by budgets in previous jobs? For better or worse, there’s no richer league than the PL…

As long as they are Unai’s choices, incoming players should be welcomed and judgement reserved until they get to play and perform under our world class manager. He’s managed to elevate near enough every player at the club so he will do the same to whoever we sign but… the higher quality/calibre of player, the more chance we have of making faster and more substantial progress and success…

Give Unai the best tools possible and we will fly…

I can recall him saying, “I’m not here to waste time”… 

- Maybe our “project”, ambition and resources were what attracted Unai to the post in the first place and he sees an opportunity and more freedom to build a top class, super competitive team here rather than work under similar/previous restrictions…

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I know a lot of us might feel a bit indifferent doing business with Barca again, after the Alemany situation but Torres for this price is a no brainer surely?

We need to bite the hands off for this deal now! ✍🏽

• Like 1

Looking at Arsenal’s top scorers this season and thinking how we can either get a couple more players that can get into the double figure bracket… now when we look at a ferran torres and a nico williams can we see them hitting at least 10 goals each ? … extremely impressed to see Luiz get 6 this season considering he couldn’t hit a barn door before. We need to look at getting two more forward players that can reach 10 goals each… we can keep Bailey for cup games / europe but wouldn’t want him starting for us in the league , same for buendia but trust him more for league starts if we need to. Tbh id sell bailey as we can probably get 20 mill. Buendia can be our rotation option. Traore time for him to move on. 

Arsenal 

Martinelli - 15 goals

Odegaard - 15 goals

Saka - 14 goals

Jesus - 11 goals 

Aston Villa 

Watkins - 15 goals

Ings - 7 goals

Luiz - 6 goals

Ramsey - 6 goals

• Like 1