Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It would be amazing if it happened even one season. 

Side note: same media claiming Dibu was leaving but here he is joking about bringing Messi here

F0865162-9B0F-49D7-A4BA-62F73D2D10BC.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, allani said:

I definitely agree that two attacking players would be the priority (but they need to be targetting 11 goals each not between them - Buendia and Ramsey have got 11 between them this season and it isn't enough) and without signing another CM a midfield "trio" of Kamara, Luiz and McGinn is still pretty strong.

Sorry i meant each i worded that wrong 🙌🏽

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if we were to go for Ugarte, we would still need to bring in creativity/goal threat up front, whether that be Williams, Asensio, or whoever, but if we still go in to next season with Watkins, McGinn, Bailey, Buendia and Ramsey as our core attacking/creative options, we would have had a bad transfer window imo.

I would also like Ugarte, but we also badly need a wide forward/winger/AM and a striker, at a minimum.

No need to panic as im 100% that wont be our attacking options come start the new season

6 hours ago, burchy said:

From his 22/23 heat map he tends to operate on the length side of midfield, so basically where JJ plays or where Dougie drifts.

He hasn’t got any goals this year and only 3 assists.

Compare him to Goncalves for example, 15 goals (6 PK) and 10 assists or the ArsenaL linked Xavi Simons, 17 (2 PK) and 8.

On paper I know which player we need more. 

He could be an inspired signing, I don’t pretend to know why his goals and assists are so poor but like you say the data doesn’t suggest he will be adding to our goals scored next season 

36 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He could be an inspired signing, I don’t pretend to know why his goals and assists are so poor but like you say the data doesn’t suggest he will be adding to our goals scored next season 

I think he's an Emery type signing.  Not a marquee signing, but someone who has been brought in on the cheap from somewhere he hasn't really performed as expected. Emery will believe he can get the best out of him, which is good enough for me.

• Like 1

You could look at mcginns stats and be put right off but watching him will make you forget about any stats on him so sometimes it doesn’t tell the full story but as a striker you simply cant get away with it because you no choice but to be scoring goals

13 hours ago, duke313 said:

It still mad to think that our keeper is best mates with the greatest player of all time 😂

It's his privilege to be best mates with the world's greatest keeper

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RicRic said:

You could look at mcginns stats and be put right off but watching him will make you forget about any stats on him so sometimes it doesn’t tell the full story but as a striker you simply cant get away with it because you no choice but to be scoring goals

Well that depends what role he is playing in a team doesn’t it?

our 4 main outlets for goals is supposed to be the positions Watkins, Buendia, Ramsey and McGinn play.

it’s a fact that our team needs to find another 20 goals a season on top of what we have this season to be competing for a top 6 place. 

id be expecting near double figures for the Ramsey/McGinn role in the league. Say 7/8 plus double figures for the Buendia role 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Indigo said:

It's pretty well documented by fairly reliable sources (including Emery) that they're looking for a forward and/or a winger, Ceballos is more in the mould of a Guendouzi that could play either the central or wide midfield positions in this system. He's not really comparable to these players and additionally assist numbers devoid of any context don't really paint the truest picture.

Screenshot_20230523_081333_Chrome.jpg

Exactly. We will likely be looking for goals elsewhere. Games are now about the 16/17 players available (11 starters plus 5subs) during the game, a game might have several phases, we will no longer be talking about the first 11. 

Cellabos is great in possession and that’s something we want in our game, and something useful when leading or holding a lead, or going somewhere like Man City. But clearly other personnel are better suited if playing more offensively like home to Southampton? 

• Like 2

I think we'll see a lot more games with 3 CBs starting and one of them "starting in LB/RB" and then being the one who can join midfield. 

Pau Torres has outstanding long passing game. I think we need to fill the team with the players in CB and CM who can split the lines with the right pass at the right time to a player in space. 

When we're under the high press the thought in the elite players mind is not that they'll be turned over in possession, it's thinking of the attacking players in space.If we beat the press we can score as they're open. 

Mings and Konsa don't have that elite level long pass. In my mind a Torres, Mings, Carlos, Cash, or Moreno, Torres, Carlos, Konsa.

I think we'll sign one CB and move Chambers on if we get ECL 8 players of a high level for the back 4 is plenty. Kamara also capable of playing CB in a crisis

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think we'll see a lot more games with 3 CBs starting and one of them "starting in LB/RB" and then being the one who can join midfield. 

Pau Torres has outstanding long passing game. I think we need to fill the team with the players in CB and CM who can split the lines with the right pass at the right time to a player in space. 

When we're under the high press the thought in the elite players mind is not that they'll be turned over in possession, it's thinking of the attacking players in space.If we beat the press we can score as they're open. 

Mings and Konsa don't have that elite level long pass. In my mind a Torres, Mings, Carlos, Cash, or Moreno, Torres, Carlos, Konsa.

I think we'll sign one CB and move Chambers on if we get ECL 8 players of a high level for the back 4 is plenty. Kamara also capable of playing CB in a crisis

I'm not disagreeing with you at all...

On Mings he has made some wonderful passes from defence under Emery, especially over the last few games. He's also inviting the press really well and if an option to pass isn't on I love the way he strides out of defence with the ball; so deceptively quick he seems to take opposition players by surprise with his pace.

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all...

On Mings he has made some wonderful passes from defence under Emery, especially over the last few games. He's also inviting the press really well and if an option to pass isn't on I love the way he strides out of defence with the ball; so deceptively quick he seems to take opposition players by surprise with his pace.

Oh I agree, Mings is my player of the season this year. Outstanding. I still think Pau Torres is likely capable of better than him and same with regard to Diego Carlos being capable of better than Konsa. 

It simply goes, if we sign players better than the ones we have. Either those players improve their performance levels again or they lose their place. Competition drives standards. New signings keep competition high

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Oh I agree, Mings is my player of the season this year. Outstanding. I still think Pau Torres is likely capable of better than him and same with regard to Diego Carlos being capable of better than Konsa. 

It simply goes, if we sign players better than the ones we have. Either those players improve their performance levels again or they lose their place. Competition drives standards. New signings keep competition high

Agreed...

Especially if we get Europe: Konsa, Mings, Carlos and Torres would be perfect.

• Like 2