Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

This is where your love of stats can be misleading - they don’t take into consideration other factors like those 16 games have been under the car crash which was Conte’s end of reign, Stellini and now Ryan Mason. Spurs have been shite this year but could pip us to Europe, I’d definitely take him, as he’s versatile and still only 23. 

Well he is on loan from Juventus and Spurs have option to make permanent and probably will so pointless even bringing him up

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Hopefully we get this over the line. Quality young player and as stated before will cost £45m which is a lot of money, people might be expecting a finished article at that price but he’s far from it and will need developing which I fully trust Emery and co to do. If we do sign him we should all be patient he’ll be a 20 year adjusting to a new league and new country, hopefully we sign an experienced head in addition to relive some pressure of his young shoulders. Either way exciting times ahead.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's he done lately? Tapped ball for Kane free kick then 0 goals 1 assist previous 16 appearances. 

Not sure if you've watched Spurs lately, but that comment is like saying "have you seen Villa's entire squad under that binman Gerrard?" 

Kulusevski under Conte was amazing, he's a class player and still only 23. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Anyone else feel like we've already done 1 or 2 major signings and are just waiting until the end of the season to announce?

Would surprise me in the slightest. 

Been thinking similar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Anyone else feel like we've already done 1 or 2 major signings and are just waiting until the end of the season to announce?

Kamara and Carlos were announced really early, end of May I think. Wouldn’t surprise me if we announced a couple before the window opens.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yep gut feeling says we have.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised given how early we got our business done last summer 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure if you've watched Spurs lately, but that comment is like saying "have you seen Villa's entire squad under that binman Gerrard?" 

Kulusevski under Conte was amazing, he's a class player and still only 23. 

Pretty sure he scored goal in first game of season and 2 total in 2000 odd minutes. Bailey gets crucified on here with 4 goals and 4 assists in similar minutes. Anyway pointless conversation as already said on loan from Juventus and Spurs have buy option in the contract

42 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Might find out when they have the awards dinner on Tuesday. Think Purslow (booo!) announced Coutinho then last year.

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not really player related but I do wonder if we’ll be in for Monchi with the rumours of him not wanting to stay on as sporting director at Sevilla.

Interesting. I could see that happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Pretty sure he scored goal in first game of season and 2 total in 2000 odd minutes. Bailey gets crucified on here with 4 goals and 4 assists in similar minutes. Anyway pointless conversation as already said on loan from Juventus and Spurs have buy option in the contract

So same numbers equals same ability? Kulusevski is better than Bailey. Plays with intelligence.

And I thought it would just be an interesting discussion, didn't know Spurs had an option to buy when I posted it though.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1