Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Interesting. I do find it funny when people use the word scapegoat on here. I don’t think people understand how it’s supposed to be used.

When players play poorly and we lose, posters pick up on it and comment on it. When players play poorly and we win, posters pick up on it and comment on it.

Bailey has been mostly dreadful this season. He’s not a scapegoat, he’s just not good enough at this level and people are commenting on it. I’m not sure Buendia has ever been a ‘scapegoat’. I think most of the posts on here have been very supportive even after poor performances. Lately though, I think he’s been very good and much improved.

Not a dig at you btw! 

Agree with most of that. Except for bit about Bailey not being good enough at this level. He clearly has talent but not the self belief/confidence. We've seen how different players can look once they find their mojo. 

Whether Bailey will ever find that in PL and whether he has a place in this team next season is another question. I just hesitate to right players off given events of last few months. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

EDE9E12C-65CF-42B1-A0FF-BFF33DDD2B87.jpeg.795f21145d59857f38c1514d184dfa94.jpeg

I’ve watched a fair bit of Chukweze at Villarreal this season his goal and assists contributions have improved and he seems more disciplined less dribbling down blind alleys ect . He can be frustrating at times and can miss the easiest of chances, he wanted a premier league move in season prior and I recall Emery saying something along the lines that his work rate needed to improve if he were to be a premier league player and I’d say that he has improved in that department but he’s far from the finished article and wouldn’t cost a fortune.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, pete101 said:

Still think a younger CB needs to brought in,

Both Mings and Carlos both now in 30s,

Just someone in early 20s that will push the lads we have

Probably depends on how quickly they expect the likes of Feeney, Kerr, Swinkels, and perhaps Bogarde (although he seems to be playing CM on loan) to come through. 

I always thought that getting Carlos made so much sense at his age, as it bought us 3-4 years to get these guys up to speed, with 1 or 2 seasons of loans. 

5 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Italian media linking us with having a big interest in Denzel Dumfries of Inter Milan this morning.

Has been inconsistent at Inter, but undoubtedly has talent.

Not watched much Inter this season, but doens't he usually player in a back 5 as an attacking wing back? 

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Don’t watch Spanish football so no idea how good Chukwueze is.

Brennan Johnson would be a decent fit for us I reckon. 

Really? He's been average at best whenever I've seen him play. 

It looks like the 3 clubs to go down will be Southampton, Leicester and probably Forest. I'd take the following from them...

Lavia
Maddison
Iheanacho (as back up)
Kamaldeen Sulemana (for his potential, but only at the right price)

But that's probably about it. Not sure I'd take anyone from Everton or Leeds if they were to drop. Onana and maybe Tyler Adams?

We need to be targeting Europe now and the players we target must be exceptional.

Edited by Delphinho123

32 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Throw cash at City and get Alverez to play next to Watkins. 

Just signed/about to sign a new contract with them, he isn’t going anywhere.

Edit: @villarule123 16th March 2023

https://www.mancity.com/news/mens/julian-alvarez-new-contract-2028-63814583

Julian Alvarez has signed a one-year extension to his City contract. 

Edited by nick76
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It looks like the 3 clubs to go down will be Southampton, Leicester and probably Forest. I'd take the following from them...

Lavia
Maddison
Iheanacho (as back up)

But that's probably about it. Not sure I'd take anyone from Everton or Leeds if they were to drop. Onana and maybe Tyler Adams?

We need to be targeting Europe now and the players we target must be exceptional.

I wouldn’t take Iheanacho even as back up.

I’d take Onana from Everton

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lavia
Maddison
Iheanacho (as back up)

Says Chukwueze is average when he's seen him play then goes onto name 4 players that we should sign who's had average-poor seasons 😂

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Throw cash at City and get Alverez to play next to Watkins. 

They're already regretting selling Jesus to Arsenal and putting themselves into a title battle. Don't think they'd sell Alvarez for less than £100m to a PL club.

3 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Says Chukwueze is average when he's seen him play then goes onto name 4 players that we should sign who's had average-poor seasons 😂

I was talking about Brennan Johnson being average. 

Also, Lavia and Maddison are both very good footballers. Lavia has a huge amount of potential and Maddison would start in our bext XI. 

Strange comment. 

4 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Can you not go watch Leeds again?

• Shocked 1