Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Im all for us spending big on a few players, but there is some quality coming to the end of their contact this summer (some more gettable than others, and ofc some i might even not want lol)....

• Tielemans (CM)
  • Zaha (Winger/CF)
  • Thuram (CF)
  • Ndicka (CD)
  • Kamada (AM)
  • Laimer (CM)
  • Asensio (RW)
  • Skriniar (CD)
  • Grimaldo (LB)
  • Guerreiro (LB)
  • Keita (CM)
  • Aouar (CM/AM)
  • I.Martinez (CD)
  • M.Dembele (CF)
  • de Vrij (CD)
  • Belotti (CF)
  • Coufal (RB)
  • Ceballos (CM)

In order Kamada, M. Dembele, Asensio, Thuram. Would have love Laimer but he’s all but signed for Bayern I believe. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

President Antonio Miguel Cardoso's exact words

“There were preliminary talks between V Sports and the previous management, but they were on hold as I became president in March of last year. No contact was made then due to a series of developments that were not positive. We started talking again because of Aston Villa’s interest in a Vitória player."

Adds credance to the Bamba rumours that came out straight after the realtor discussions. 

Is anyone worried about the level of players we’re being linked with? The likes of Bamba and the winger from Barca. They’re a bit underwhelming and I can’t help but think there is better out there. 

I know there might be something that the coaches see in these players but they don’t appear to be ripping up trees for their current clubs (Moleiro the exception)

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

I was literally treated to the same response when I said we would get 15m for Ings.

Believe you said half the league would bid £15m. Not sure that happened.

I didn't forsee West Ham being incomprehensibly stupid, luckily for us, they were.

Just wonder who is paying £10-15m? For Digne. Hopefully West Ham again actually.

46 minutes ago, burchy said:

Is anyone worried about the level of players we’re being linked with? The likes of Bamba and the winger from Barca. They’re a bit underwhelming and I can’t help but think there is better out there. 

I know there might be something that the coaches see in these players but they don’t appear to be ripping up trees for their current clubs (Moleiro the exception)

No

Journalists and transfer stories are a waste of time at best especially seeing as we're known for being tight lipped

On top of that for the right price a 18 year old barca winger isn't that bad a link!

Ilias is a young prospect. I think we will be heavily focused on France and Spain and South America moving forward for the most part. I don't see us throwing money at the likes of Sarr again when there's better value elsewhere.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, burchy said:

No I trust Unai Emery and his team to know more than football fans

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Believe you said half the league would bid £15m. Not sure that happened.

I didn't forsee West Ham being incomprehensibly stupid, luckily for us, they were.

Just wonder who is paying £10-15m? For Digne. Hopefully West Ham again actually.

there were several interested parties reported at the time. Same applies here.

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Squad needs a major revamp Emery needs to be backed 6 to 7 players in 6 to 7 players out or else we will be a middle of the road side.

The thing is we need players that are the next step up, we've got to start shopping in waitrose... And we won't be buying 7 players in there

That little bit more quality in key positions should raise everyone else, so should more time with emery

pound for pound we already have a better squad than teams above us, including Newcastle

• Like 4

13 hours ago, burchy said:

Most links are made up shite anyway 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’m not going to be disappointed if we bring in only 2/3 players of real quality. Maybe one young punt like Duran too. Ideal summer for me. This way the squad improves and it’s not another bloody overhaul.

Exactly. Reading this thread, I think the only player no-one has mentioned getting rid of is Kamara. We won't (and shouldn't) do a Forest/Chelsea this summer. A few significant additions (and then a couple of current first team move to back up) and 1 or 2 young prospects, I'd be fine with, .

• Like 1