Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

ah, yes. Gnonto. the player we wanted Bailey to be. Yet Bailey has twice as many PL goals and PL assists as Gnonto this season. 

Yes gnoto, 6 years younger than Leon. And played 500 less minutes than him in his first season in England.  If you’ve got watched both recently you’re never choosing Leon out of the two

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

ah, yes. Gnonto. the player we wanted Bailey to be. Yet Bailey has twice as many PL goals and PL assists as Gnonto this season. 

Ah yes

Bailey 21 apperances 4 goals and 2 assists

Gnoto  11 apperances 2 goals and 1 assist

You was saying?

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If leeds go down we seriously have to try get gnoto. He looks like the exact type of player we need.

I was hoping this was the type of player bailey would be but with pace

There will be plenty in for him and the money involved in English football probably means they will be able to command a large fee for him. Valencia look likely to be relegated from La Liga if we are looking for bargains maybe we should look there?

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah yes

Bailey 21 apperances 4 goals and 2 assists

Gnoto  11 apperances 2 goals and 1 assist

You was saying?

They are pretty shit stats from Gnonto. Hardly anything to boast about

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

There will be plenty in for him and the money involved in English football probably means they will be able to command a large fee for him. Valencia look likely to be relegated from La Liga if we are looking for bargains maybe we should look there?

Im sure emery will know all about la liga.  Im expecting a lot of business from there. We dont really do alot of business from la liga over the years so hoepfully with emerys experience there we can grab some real good players.

As for ghoto yes thats the problem they will ask for a big fee. Its mad they only paid 4m for him. He is going to be  atop player i think

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The kids 19 give him a chance

If thats shit whats baileys then?

Its fine he is 19 but for some of the hype on here you be expecting better

Evan Ferguson slightly different position has 3 goals 2 assists in 6 games and is the same age and getting little hype

Just now, Zatman said:

Evan Ferguson slightly different position has 3 goals 2 assists in 6 games and is the same age and getting little hype

Funny you mention ferguson was speaking about him and looking at his stats he looks a very impressive player

But he looks more a attacking midfielder/striker not wide player like bailey and gnoto hence why the direct comparsion.

Remember gnoto is same age as duran

Gnoto has the hype but give it a few matches. 

Bailey was the best Villa winger as recently as November!

El Ghazi was a world beater for about 5-7 matches a year. 

Edited by DJBOB

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Well that's not true - but he's not a first team player yet.  If he became first choice for Brighton, there'd be even more hype.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Yawn M'Vila? Bit old isn't he.

The Bailey bashing is so boring. Comparisons to Gnoto like he is the new Messi, it's so tiresome and silly.

We should be getting behind Bailey, he is clearly struggling at the minute and he need the support of us fans not hate. Yes bring in serious competition for his place I  the summer. But until then he's probably the best we got.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The Bailey bashing is so boring. Comparisons to Gnoto like he is the new Messi, it's so tiresome and silly.

We should be getting behind Bailey, he is clearly struggling at the minute and he need the support of us fans not hate. Yes bring in serious competition for his place I  the summer. But until then he's probably the best we got.

Leave Gary Neville’s son alone 😉 

But yes, it seems any player finds form it’s an excuse to bash Bailey or others. 

Gnonto has a lot of skill and great potential, I’m sure he’s going to get signed to bigger clubs. 

I just wish some would exercise patient. Especially with some of the potential players we might get in the summer. 

Thinking of potential "step up" signings we could make, I'd really like us to have a look at Lorenzo Pellegrini from Roma if for some reason we can't make Guendouzi happen. Going big on 3 £40-50m or so players like him could be exactly what we need (outgoings dependent, of course) such as Pellegrini/Guendouzi, Pau Torres and then maybe a more wildcard sort of option for a forward like Lukas Nmecha, or Williams from Athletic Club if that interest was genuine. 

Really keen to see what our team will look like come 1st September!