Would you be happy if Barry stayed here now?

BOF

Would you be happy for him to stay?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy for him to stay?

• Yes I would be happy
    • No, I just want rid of him now
    • Undecided

At this time I will go for undecided/he should go but I think after the Odense game he had the chance to come out and say he was staying and then even after an agreed deadline he still was moaning.

I was unhappy, happy and now im unhappy again. I think he has had his chance and missed it. Time for him to piss off and ruin his career.

I think things have gone too far now and it would be better for both parties if he left. We should move on, one player doesn't make a team etc etc and he deserves his shot at Champions League football. I just think it would be disruptive if he slotted back in to the team now especially as we have Sidwell who is basically a replacement for Barry.

Cheers Gareth but see you later.

I want it to be over. If he is going to go, then I want him gone. But at the end of the day, when people stop kidding themselves saying "he isn't that good really", he IS one of our best players.

If he stayed at the club and gave 100%, which I think he would because he is professional enough to do that, then I for one would be very happy.

I don't believe we'll replace him this window, and a Villa team with Gareth Barry in it is a better team than without him.

I gave him a second chance and was quite happy when we sent out that dreaded statement. But he slapped us in the face again.

I think i would rather sell him and get in a top player, but im fickle as the next football fan.

I would be happy and I think he'd be more committed to us if Liverpool failed to do the deal as he'd know he'd have to show the fans and the management that he deserves to be a starter here.

I would also imagine that he'd sign a new contract.

Plus he is head and shoulders above the other central midfielders at the club.

Needs to leave. Good player or not. Needs to go. He completely and utterly destroyed any respect for him I had with the debacle last week that embarassed the club and proved he has no integrity. For that very reason, I'll not believe any faux 'I'm happy to stay' bollocks should the Scouse hole in the wall still come short, nor any gestures. I'd be horrofied to see him sign a new contract, it'd be like giving a reward being disloyal and embarassing the staff, club and to an extent the fans.

Before the last week or so, I'd have been happy to keep him on, purely as he is a good player, just, having changed heart at his apparent desire to get it sorted with a deadline. Now, I can't even say I'd keep him for his playing talents. Needs to leave, and very, very soon.

Depends if he signs a new contract I suppose (which is the rumour)

BUT I'll never feel the same about him again, until this summer there was a little part of Barry that was me, not anymore

Agreed entirely.

Right now I want him to f*ck off, but should he stay and commit his future to Aston Villa by signing a new contract then I'll be happy to keep a quality player who'll be motivated by his England ambitions to do his best on the pitch. It's the results that matter, after all.

But he'll never be the same Gareth Barry in my eyes. It would take A LOT to forgive what has happened this summer.

BUT I'll never feel the same about him again, until this summer there was a little part of Barry that was me, not anymore

Sadly, I agree. He will always be the one that was desperate to leave.

Sadly, I agree. He will always be the one that was desperate to leave.

Yeah i'll third that sentiment.

I didn't let him off the hook, so to speak, after the odense game but i did soften my stance towards him. If the deadline was stuck to then there wouldn't be this much of a mess and he might have been forgiven in time, not by everyone, but probably the majority.

Now? The majority wouldn't forgive nor forget.

Who is to say that he would sign a new contract and then when someone comes calling, anyone better than us in fact, he starts saying he wants to go again?

I said I was undecided but this is like a relationship where you know your partner has cheated on you, you can never trust them again.

i think he should go, he;s burnt his bridges with the club, although he has served the club for 10 years he has turn what is a has been a fantastic reptuation for the club built under randy learner and tarnished it wish his stupid comments in the NOTW and changing his mind on the "deadline"

the only way he could possibly stay is on he SAME wage, sacking his agent and a public appology

none of which i expect anytime soon

Â