Would you be happy if Barry stayed here now?

BOF

Would you be happy for him to stay?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy for him to stay?

• Yes I would be happy
    • No, I just want rid of him now
    • Undecided

its a no from me , ive followed the villa for 28 years , in all the ups and downs we have had, but the way he has acted this summer is just totally unforgiveable.

myself i cant see the theiving scouser getting the money , 4 months and they still havent got him, but it only took them a week to get R.KEANE :?

to me that should say to GB, that he's not really wanted , and he should of stuck to the deadline, but even that wasnt good enough for him.

i just cant wait for this 15 minutes to be up seeing as they were only that far out from meeting our valuation :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

if come the 1st september he's still at VP , then he needs to train with the youth team , i dont want him anywhere near the 1st team again, plus i cant wait for the czech game england have in 2-3 weeks time , as i cant see him getting picked for that with no pre-season under his belt :lol::lol:

If he was to stay i don't want him playing. He doesn't want to play for the club. So he won't, simple as that.

Don't you think it would be a bit daft not to play him if he stays?

We are hardly blessed with International quality, left footed central midfielders who can play comfortably in numerous positions are we?

People are getting too emotional over all this. Sure he is a word removed for what he's done, but the fact remains that if the deal does not go through, he is still an outstanding player, who HAS to give his all for us if he has any hope of staying in the England team.

If he stayed he would still be out most accomplished player and if he apologises for his actions regarding the NOTW interview and the 'deadline' then we should just get the **** on with it.

You just have to look at the Ronaldo saga to see that this is not unusual in todays football. The kid practically BEGGED to get a move to Madrid but they have refused to let him go, im sure he will stay and make a significant contribution to them next season. If Man Utd aren't too big to do that, then neither are we.

....look .there's a simple answer to this ..."brokeback scouse" want to play together so villa should put a bid in for steven gerrard .... and being as his lordship is injured we may get a discount.

simple really.

You just have to look at the Ronaldo saga to see that this is not unusual in todays football. The kid practically BEGGED to get a move to Madrid but they have refused to let him go, im sure he will stay and make a significant contribution to them next season. If Man Utd aren't too big to do that, then neither are we.

your right the same situtation really but Madrid never made a proper bid did they and Ronaldo has publically no committed himself though no apology and the injury has helped him

Aston Villa with Gareth Barry are a better and considerably deeper squad than Aston Villa without Gareth Barry. I think that on issues such as "would his head be right" and "would he be committed enough" and "what about team morale" I would be inclined to leave that up to the manager, and if he thinks so, then I'll go along with that.

and Ian, this wouldnt be the first time Rafa had been left out to dry.

what was the other times Pete, I can't rememeber ..

I seem to recall that last year there were very similar rumblings that went on and on into the season to the point that Gerrard even came on TV and said that the uncertainty over Benitez was affecting the players.

I think that Benitez is hanging onto his job there by the skin of his teeth, and there are people at Anfield who would gladly see the back of him, important people

no question of that Pete and FSW got involved in all the polticial stuff at valencia before he left

he is only there because he still retains a large amount of fans support hoever dropping alonso for Barry may lose a fair bit of that

Agree there Ian. Liverpool fans absolutely love Rafa, which is the pressure that's holding back Tom/Dic/Harry to sack him. If "there are people at Anfield who would gladly see the back him", the percentage would be less than 5% IMO.

he is only there because he still retains a large amount of fans support hoever dropping alonso for Barry may lose a fair bit of that

Yeah and for that reason he's mad to want to get rid of Alonso... because I don't think even MON would turn down a swap for Alonso... he's a Kop hero, always will be... after CL final where he scored Liverpool's infamous 3rd goal....Alonso is a class midfielder... End Of!!

.However this has gone way beyond reason..It's gone to the Bull Ring (pardon the pun).....

. Rafa & MON are now the Bull & the Matador and there can only be one winner!!

If a death occurs during the fight then so be it........

I cannot believe 50 people would be happy for him to stay!

I would like to ask those people what he needs to do for them to say No!

Become a shit player. Or, if he is to stay, he needs to show us that he's not interested in playing for us with shoddy performances. But Barry is neither crap, or unprofessional on the field.

Undecided!

The more this drags on the more I can see him staying here, but with that inevitability comes the need for him to prove that he will play with the desire required by the manager, the fans and his colleagues. If he stays I can see us being extremely competitive what with the current forward and right wing rumours!

no question of that Pete and FSW got involved in all the polticial stuff at valencia before he left

most Liverpool fans seem to agree with hicks and Co over Barry rather than Rafa

its interesting, a very interesting situation. Could be the beginning of the end

Â