Would you be happy if Barry stayed here now?

BOF

Would you be happy for him to stay?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy for him to stay?

• Yes I would be happy
    • No, I just want rid of him now
    • Undecided

I would imagine MON is currently planning his squad around him not being here, so it would be good if we got De La Red or Johnson in, had a great squad, and then come deadline day it turns out he stays. He would then be a bonus player - probably not guaranteed a starting place let alone captaincy. I think things are beyond repair between him and O'Neill, however to prevent Liverpool getting him, even if he were to sit here losing value would be a good outcome for us IMHO. Besides if he can't get his move he'll bust a gut for us for his England place if nothing else.

Was out in Liverpool last night quite a few Liverpool fans around after their game with Lazio all to a man said they dont really want Barry and that Alonso has been awesome pre season. I want the boy to stay and stick 2 fingers up at Liverpool for taking the piss for 3 months obviously he needs to issue a statement of apology and sack his agent and then i think we can all push on and take Liverpools place in the top 4!!

The more this goes on, the less I care. I'd much rather he goes soon so everybody can start talking about something new. If he stays then it's a bonus because he's a good player, but the saga will continue. In an ideal world MON would bring in one or two really exciting players to complete the squad and everyone would wave goodbye and subsequently forget about Gareth Barry.

Looks like this saga is over then, until next season.

I thought that last week but I won't now until September 1st one way or another.

I would be happy if he stayed yes but if we got the money for him then that's good as well.

If he stays I think he will knuckle down and play well for us as he won't have any other choice if he wants to keep his England place. Capello's going to be here a lot this coming season and that will no doubt motivate him to do his very best for us. But it might take a couple of months until we see that as I don't think Barry will be starting next Sunday, and the other boys will have to play themselves "out of the team" or get injured for Barry to get his chance. And I think we will start the season quite well as we have been in competetive mode for some weeks already, and as I said, that would mean no Barry (other than sub apps) for a couple of months.

I voted yes by the way :)

Its interesting isnt it that 66% either want him to stay or cant decide as opposed to 33% who want him gone. Sounds to me like he could be easily forgiven - despiete everything I would like him to stay - life's too short and we need players of quality.

He needs to come out now and say he made a mistake and will commit to a new contract with Villa!

He is one of our best players.

We wont sign anyone better this summer imo.

So yes he is a quality player, if MON is happy why would everyone else not?

Regardless of what Barry wants, i still have every faith that he we would try his best for Villa.

He is one of our best players.

We wont sign anyone better this summer imo.

So yes he is a quality player, if MON is happy why would everyone else not?

Regardless of what Barry wants, i still have every faith that he we would try his best for Villa.

Yes, anything else would be suicidal for his career. If he stays but shows that he don't want to play for us and puts in bad performances he won't get to play for England again and other clubs wouldn't want him. Not clubs better than us, anyway. And I think he's professional enough to get his head down and play as good as he can, which is too good for us to say no to, IMO.

I think my position is I would be very unhappy if he stayed, for a number of reasons.

However, it is looking increasingly likely that he will be with Villa next season, and feeling pretty humiliated by the way he has been cast off by Liverpool having plonked all his eggs in their basket, so we are going to have to get used to managing the non-departure of Barry as one of the issues for the manager and club to handle. How well we manage all that may well have a big impact on our overall performance.

Considering what has happened, only if he issued a grovelling apology at a press conference.

Can't see it as hhe'd still want to go to Liverpool.

Yes, but if it turns out that he has to stay with the club because nobody bids for him, I think he should be made to apologise to the fans, players, manager...the whole club really, i front of the media.

no question of that Pete and FSW got involved in all the polticial stuff at valencia before he left

he is only there because he still retains a large amount of fans support hoever dropping alonso for Barry may lose a fair bit of that

most Liverpool fans seem to agree with hicks and Co over Barry rather than Rafa

its interesting, a very interesting situation. Could be the beginning of the end

Rafa needs to back off, and quick.

His judgement has been publicly questioned by his employers (and adding a phrase about it not being a criticism of the manager's judgement doesn't change that simple fact). Many of the supporters aren't that sold on Barry. Many of them don't want to lose Alonso, and if he is sold some of them may be hostile to Barry for that reason alone. His tactics and values in terms of handling the bidding process have been widely criticised, and some Liverpool fans are publicly admitting they are embarrassed by the way this has been played. God only knows what they say in private, weeping into their pillows each night.

If the deal goes through, it looks like it will be for a sum which stretches Liverpool, which makes them sell a player they would rather have kept, which increases the friction between the board and the manager, and which will always hang round Barry's neck like an albatross, bringing bad luck.

It would only take a few poor or even average games from Barry to create a significant level of discontent with Rafa.

It's a very high risk strategy. Has he thought it all through, or has he got wrapped up in the chase?

Whether he signs Barry or not, I think he's weakened his position in the club.

In fact, I think I'll check the odds on him getting the bum's rush before new year.

Considering what has happened, only if he issued a grovelling apology at a press conference.

Yes, but if it turns out that he has to stay with the club because nobody bids for him, I think he should be made to apologise to the fans, players, manager...the whole club really, i front of the media.

I think he has to do something to show that he has thought better of his actions and comments, but something involving public humiliation isn't realistic or necessary.

I think he has to do something to show that he has thought better of his actions and comments, but something involving public humiliation isn't realistic or necessary.

Maybe, but MON does strike as having a ruthless streak in him, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was made to do something publically as an apology.

Â