Would you be happy if Barry stayed here now?

BOF

Would you be happy for him to stay?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy for him to stay?

• Yes I would be happy
    • No, I just want rid of him now
    • Undecided

I just want him gone.

Slagged off the manager, screwed him over with the deadline and clearly doesn't want to play for us.

Also like others have said if he stays we are just going to get this shit every transfer window and its not worth it.

at the end of the day, Barry is a great bloke and a great Villa servant

if this deal goes tits up it wont be his fault, and it wont be Villa's

when he first announced he wanted out i was angry - but then logic kicked in and i could see he wanted to test himself at the highest level after giving us ten years service and not getting a sniff at it

the NOTW episode was frankly stupid - but i'm still of the opinion his agent masterminded that. and this whole dealine fiasco was also somewhat crazy. then again i'm not sure we know ALL of the facts regarding that either

what i do know is this. he's our best player. and if it comes down to him publically saying 'i'm staying', and doing a bit of PR, then i'll be delighted with him pulling on the shirt once again

ten years of excellent service far outweigh a few silly moments

god who out of us hasn't been an idiot on occassion ? where would we be without forgiveness

I just don't know what I think about this - Its all ifs and buts right now. If Barry came out and publicly apologized - or MON came out with some sort of statement on his behalf, then I'm more prepared to think about. If Barry then signed a new contract, that would certainly go a long way to allowing me to feel more confident about him staying.

But, if he didn't do these things, I would always be wondering does he really want to be here.

I do expect him to continue playing well because of keeping his England place, and I just think he can do that.

I certainly can't look at Barry with the same feelings I did have. If he stays I will always have some small doubt in the back of my mind, but then again I do believe he is a class player who can still do a good job for us!

So right now, too many ifs and buts before I make my mind up about him if he were to stay.

Really wanted him to stay but not anymore! Yes i know his head hs been turned but he hasn't helped himself either with his 'dummy out the pram' tantrums. Sad to say but I really do hope Liverpool can still come up with the £18M.

I would'nt be happy if he stayed now as he clearly does not want to play for aston villa.

I have a sneaky suspicion a deal will be done on the last day and he will be off. However if he does stay for the time being at least I will not boo him as long as he is wearing the claret and blue.

If he signs a new contract and appologise for some things he's said I'd be happy to see him in a Villa-shirt next season. For many reasons. The most important being that he's one of our best players and we don't know what we would get instead of him if he leaves.

i voted get rid though if he stayed i would not boo him and i would expect him to sign a new contract WITH NO CLAUSES as i want a commited player not someone holding on till his next big move

His attitude towards the club has been disgusting after all we have done for him, the way he has treated MON who has given him he captains armband and helped him with his ambitions in two years and hit every single one.

So NO.

But if he dumps his agent, signs a contract at the same wage, loses the captains armband and shuts his mouth, then maybe.

No.

He moves, great.

If not, he plays with the kids. He doesn't want to play for us and we need to concentrate on those that want to play for this football club.

Although i wouldn't boo him if he were to represent us again, i wouldn't cheer him either. No doubt plenty would welcome him with open arms and give him another undeserved hero's reception like the one he got against Odense. Embarrassing.

Even if he stays we all know he'd rather be somewhere else. Can't be considered for Captaincy either as the example he's set to the other players has been appalling in how he's lied and manipulated his way about the transfer.

If he was to get a big payrise after this now it would be a kick in the balls.

It's probably best for all if he just clears off and we can clear up the mess he's caused and move forwards rather than have him lingering in the background.

I cannot believe 50 people would be happy for him to stay!

I would like to ask those people what he needs to do for them to say No!

What he needs to do to make me having the same opinion as you? Well, he can start with being a bad player. That would make me happy to see him leave. So far he's failed to be that bad player so I'll keep my opinion about being happy with him staying.

I cannot believe 50 people would be happy for him to stay!

I would like to ask those people what he needs to do for them to say No!

What he needs to do to make me having the same opinion as you? Well, he can start with being a bad player. That would make me happy to see him leave. So far he's failed to be that bad player so I'll keep my opinion about being happy with him staying.

What about the fact he doesn't want to play for us anymore? Don't you think we'd be better off concentrating on players that want to play and be part of the clubs future?

Not to mention the fact he lied about Martin O'Neill doing very little to try and persuade him to stay at Villa Park as he was too busy working for the BBC at the Euro's, when his mind was already made up anyway, so nothing O'Neill could have said, would have changed anything!

He's a good player, but too much has been said now, he's not needed. He trains with the kids for me, give him plenty of time to reflect on his piss poor behaviour this summer.

He might want to stay if we carry on buying good players, if Barry made a statement along the lines "Sorry lads, wtf was I thinking. Given the buys made by the manager and the ambition shown I truly think that AVFC can push on and I want to be a part of it"

I would forgive but deep down I think he is going. Shame, quality player but life goes on !

Â