Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If Duran were a young striker with potential in the championship, then he'd typically go for about £15-20m. To do what he has in the Prem (limited i know), means he's going for a minimum of £30m imo. Add in its to a rival, then I'd be disappointed if it were for anything less than £40m

Dream scenario for me is that we exchange him for Colwill. Not sure Gallagher is who we need so don't see the Ebenezer from that suggested swap

Never in a million years is someone paying 40m for Jhon Duran.

More like 20m. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

More like 20m. 

Let's sit back and see... Anthony cost >£80m so head scratching transfers happen

• Like 1

Just now, _AA_786 said:

Let's sit back and see... Anthony cost >£80m so head scratching transfers happen

Gosh Man United like to waste money don't they? Imagine paying over 150m for Antony and McGuire. Lol

• Haha 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way Unai talks makes it seem like he's quite a chore to deal with to be honest, and that comes through even with Unais most gentlemanly decorum.

I would love to keep him as I feel his ceiling is sky high but man. 🤦🏾‍♂️

You can really see him doing a Balotelli based on perceived temperament.

He's gotten better, whether it's Unai's work or his maturity, I'm not informed to say.

He's a handful, sure, but whether he is worth it or not....let's just say I'm glad we have Don Unai to judge instead of Big Flange.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way Unai talks makes it seem like he's quite a chore to deal with to be honest, and that comes through even with Unais most gentlemanly decorum.

I would love to keep him as I feel his ceiling is sky high but man. 🤦🏾‍♂️

You can really see him doing a Balotelli based on perceived temperament.

Yep and at least Balotelli was a quality player.

Very frustrating. He definitely has great potential to be a very good premier league striker but the comments from McGinn and emery seem to be aligned.

If he is not happy at 20 years old playing under one of the best managers in the world, Playing in the champions league next season and working along side one of the best professionals in the premier league (watkins) where you could learn so much then seems like we have to try cash in on him.

• Like 4

Difficult comments to ignore really, maybe he wants to play more often.

Let Chelsea have him, they'll pay over the odds and he'll hardly play a match.

If we get Gallagher in return, then even better. We do need another striker though

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Didn’t we pay nearly £20m for him? We’re not going to sell him for less than £30m imo.

We paid less than 20m but we need to make sales in order to comply with FFP and be able to reinvest. 

If we dont reveive a bid of 30m then we can't sell him for 30m. 

He isnt worth that much and his attitude isn't what we need around the club so I think 20-25m is the most we would get.

Id take that happily.

I don't think he's anywhere near good though to start as the main striker for a team competing for top 4 spots, so if that's what Chelsea want to do, it's a deal that benefits us financially and doesn't do them massive favours.

I like him, he's one for the future, but Chelsea's starting striker? That'd surprise me

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Glad that you aren’t running clubs accounts 

I think whoever was running the accounts, massively over paid for him at the time, and I would value him now at around what we did pay.

20-25 mil or so.

That's my opinion. 

We shall soon see if it's right or not.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

More like 20m. 

We paid about £17m for him so I'm not sure why you think he's not increased his value by more than a couple of million. He was playing in the MLS at the time.

£40m is arguably too much but £20m is definitely too low. £30m would be a fair price for him in this day and age but if we were good negotiators we could get more.

I think he is easily worth 40m in the current market. Young player, with reasonable salary. Yearly cost on 6 year contract including wages around 10m. Even if he would not fulfil his full potential, he would have a very good resell value after the initial contract period. But needs to play so someone like West Ham or Leeds (if promoted) would be better destination for him than Chelsea.

37 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We paid about £17m for him so I'm not sure why you think he's not increased his value by more than a couple of million. He was playing in the MLS at the time.

£40m is arguably too much but £20m is definitely too low. £30m would be a fair price for him in this day and age but if we were good negotiators we could get more.

£40m isn’t too much for the club who have paid ~£100m for Caiceido, Fernandez and Mudryk 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â