Jhon Durán

PieFacE

9 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I don't really use social media to follow football, how common is it in general for players to like posts from other teams? guessing by the reaction not so common?

maybe Duran grew up supporting Chelsea, does McGinn like Celtic posts?

Players like other teams/players posts all the time in fairness

Alot of the time they either have friends, former teammates, coaches or.Managers  at other clubs too.

Not necessarily using this as a defense as these circumstances could be different 

• Like 2

From Emery's comments it sounds like he is looking to sell Duran this summer. I'd be really disappointed as I think he will go on to be a top striker. Salah, De Bruyne and Palmer kicked on (after being at Chelsea and Man city respectively) and Duran will be another to add to that list.

I hope he stays, commits and can bide his time…

but it’s never really seemed like he’s completely settled or happy…

Whether or not the social media stuff is a big deal or not… the guy has removed anything related to Villa and never likes or posts anything in relation to the club…

The only club he seems to be interested in is Chelsea, judging by his likes or posts… the embrace with Poch was a bit concerning and he liked and reposted Tanswell’s post about it…

Maybe he just likes the club (they continue to recruit youngsters from South America… maybe they have a lot of interest or coverage out there) and is not angling for a move but… there was enough to suggest that a move was at least being discussed or offers being considered back in January…

Has kind of been harassed over his lack of game time when he’s been away with the national side…

Not much to go off of.. but it does seem like he wants to be the main man and not just wait and put the work in… Unai has a job on his hands there… and McGinn is not exactly his biggest fan…

I like the kid… but if he’s not committed to the club, he will have to go… and we’ll have to try and strike the best possible deal.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s so obvious he’s leaving. 

The Duran / Gallagher stuff just sounds like it fits. 

Either way, Duran ain’t gonna be here next season.

Agreed. Feels like we can do something here with both players 

Posted (edited)

I think Unai is being intelligent with his latest comments too… making it sound like we are limited by what we can do (not necessarily the case or reality) and that big offers may be considered for certain players…

I don’t see anyone leaving on the cheap and am sure that the intention is to keep our best players and keep improving… progression not regression…

Edited by Jas10

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I hope he stays, commits and can bide his time…

but it’s never really seemed like he’s completely settled or happy…

Whether or not the social media stuff is a big deal or not… the guy has removed anything related to Villa and never likes or posts anything in relation to the club…

The only club he seems to be interested in is Chelsea, judging by his likes or posts… the embrace with Poch was a bit concerning and he liked and reposted Tanswell’s post about it…

Maybe he just likes the club (they continue to recruit youngsters from South America… maybe they have a lot of interest or coverage out there) and is not angling for a move but… there was enough to suggest that a move was at least being discussed or offers being considered back in January…

Has kind of been harassed over his lack of game time when he’s been away with the national side…

Not much to go off of.. but it does seem like he wants to be the main man and not just wait and put the work in… Unai has a job on his hands there… and McGinn is not exactly his biggest fan…

I like the kid… but if he’s not committed to the club, he will have to go… and we’ll have to try and strike the best possible deal.

I think Duran wants to play and he's just not going to be ahead of Watkins at Villa. Chelsea want him and he is better than Jackson so he will play games. So I get why he wants to go because he wants to play. He's stuck behind what the 2nd best 9 in the League?

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

I don't really use social media to follow football, how common is it in general for players to like posts from other teams? guessing by the reaction not so common?

maybe Duran grew up supporting Chelsea, does McGinn like Celtic posts?

Most players at least have something to do with the club they play for on their accounts and repost or like related stuff…

Jhon barely has anything of the sort and it just isn’t a good look or very clever to like another clubs content really… why create noise and negative attention?

Needs to mature it seems…

Edited by Jas10

If Duran can't see the direction Villa are headed and buy into that there isn't much hope. I would like to think he realises what potential he could have under Unai but at the end of the day he seems a brash young player who probably doesn't know what's best for himself. Hope I'm wrong though!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think Duran wants to play and he's just not going to be ahead of Watkins at Villa. Chelsea want him and he is better than Jackson so he will play games. So I get why he wants to go because he wants to play. He's stuck behind what the 2nd best 9 in the League?

But as he develops and improves, and follows Unai’s instructions (which doesn’t always seem the case, manager and captain have been visibly critical of him on more than one occasion) he will get more and more opportunities… may even get to play with Ollie at times and in cup competitions, against weaker opposition etc. and eventually take over if he can prove himself…

I mean, the club gave him his big break and deserve some loyalty, respect and appreciation… 

We’ve also proven to be a much better side than Chelsea… we’re the ones in the CL…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

But as he develops and improves, and follows Unai’s instructions (which doesn’t always seem the case, manager and captain have been visibly critical of him on more than one occasion) he will get more and more opportunities… may even get to play with Ollie at times and in cup competitions, against weaker opposition etc. and eventually take over if he can prove himself…

I mean, the club gave him his big break and deserve some loyalty, respect and appreciation… 

We’ve also proven to be a much better side than Chelsea… we’re the ones in the CL…

Or he could go to Chelsea and start games now. He would get into that team. 

Not only do I not rate him as a PL striker, it seems he has an attitude problem.

He belongs at a club like Chelsea, full of bad eggs and overrated players.

If we can recoup the money we spent on him then that would be fantastic.

Was always an odd signing and so it proved. I seriously doubt Emery or Monchi would have bought him. And certainly not for thr crazy fee we paid.

His goals v Palace and Liverpool aside, I just saw a lumbering, ill disciplined oaf running around getting booked.

We are a top 4 side. No way is Duran a top 4 player. 

Nor will he ever be.

• Like 1

Not a bad showcase for him vs Liverpool with a global audience, surely including the recruitment arms of a number of clubs in the market for a young striker. We could probably get 30m for him today with a decent sell-on clause as well.

I'd take Gallagher as long as they throw Disasi in with him. We could send them Duran and Carlos in return.

:D

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not a bad showcase for him vs Liverpool with a global audience, surely including the recruitment arms of a number of clubs in the market for a young striker. We could probably get 30m for him today with a decent sell-on clause as well.

I'd take Gallagher as long as they throw Disasi in with him. We could send them Duran and Carlos in return.

:D

Can't see anyone paying 30m but maybe a loan to buy deal worth around 20m will be enough to see him off.

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Can't see anyone paying 30m but maybe a loan to buy deal worth around 20m will be enough to see him off.

If Duran were a young striker with potential in the championship, then he'd typically go for about £15-20m. To do what he has in the Prem (limited i know), means he's going for a minimum of £30m imo. Add in its to a rival, then I'd be disappointed if it were for anything less than £40m

Dream scenario for me is that we exchange him for Colwill. Not sure Gallagher is who we need so don't see the Ebenezer from that suggested swap

• Like 3

Â