Jhon Durán

PieFacE

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

The only noise about it was this mcginn comment, and even then mcginn very clearly didn't mean it in the way you lot are taking it. If he thought it was a bad thing he wouldn't have mentioned it. 

The players are all media trained and he is the captain he isn't going to mention a player is having a bad attitude if he has a bad attitude. He probably just meant Duran is a bit annoying after he scores a goal  because he's young, full of confidence and brash. 

The previous time you lot thought he was having a strop and was off, it just turned out it had a **** toe infection maybe learn your lesson? 

I understand and get your take Moto and yes some of us jump to conclusions rashly but SJM comments weren’t related to an over exuberant celebration. The young lad is a handful and needs to learn his place in the team. Hopefully Unai can fix it and talk some sense into him and allow him to be coached properly and brought in when he’s ready. 

again time will tell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I don't know why people care what he does on social media. He is under contract here and we've qualified for the Champions League. If Emery wants him here next season he'll be staying. Nobody really cares what his dream club is or where he wants to go tbh. 

If he is unhappy and wanting to go (and that's a big if), let him go.

Keeping unhappy players is bad for morale, bad for business, his value will tank. The Pep approach is best - you want to go? Fine, there's the door, pal. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He meant it exactly how he said it. Don't know how you can think otherwise. Bizarre.

Also, who's 'you lot'? Wasn't me.

Weird comment… far too aggressive or emotional.

Much like you, I’ve been supportive of him and like the kid. First time I’ve showed any real concern or been critical of him… I mean, he doesn’t seem too bright or appears to lack common sense at the very least… not a intelligent or good look.

Hope (somehow) this is nothing and I am wrong, delighted if he’s committed and sees his future here… but ignoring everything is kind of being in denial isn’t it? Not the first time…

Bedwetters 😂 if he thinks that’s me, he hasn’t been paying attention!  UTV!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If we could sell him for an offer of 40m+, I'd sell him instantly, he seems to be a very immature character which is to be expected as he's only 20, despite his potential. Unai has alluded to this a number of times when asked about him, and I get the impression he would see him as expendable, I'd trust Unai to bring in someone who can contribute just as much to the team with those funds.

Edited by VillaJay

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If he is unhappy and wanting to go (and that's a big if), let him go.

Keeping unhappy players is bad for morale, bad for business, his value will tank. The Pep approach is best - you want to go? Fine, there's the door, pal. 

I don't think a kid being grumpy impacts morale at all. I think his teammates just think he's a moody kid but see what he can offer and trust the coach to do what's right for the team.

Duran will be worth far more next summer and he's clearly a quality striker and we need that as backup for Watkins 

• Like 1

Would love to keep him, love a maverick player like him and he's clearly very talented. This noise around him isn't great but this kind of social media post stuff doesn't mean much imo. Could mean he wants out, could be nothing.

3 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Wants Chelsea by the look of it.

Well, the same move worked out great for Chukwumeka. 🤣

Imagine wanting to leave a CL club for a mid table muddler. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I’m not here to serve you, Tommy lad.

Well you certainly aren't with that attitude.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I don't know why people care what he does on social media. He is under contract here and we've qualified for the Champions League. If Emery wants him here next season he'll be staying. Nobody really cares what his dream club is or where he wants to go tbh. 

Yes. And if he really wants to go to bigger clubs with better money, what better stages will he have to show himself than getting games or sub appearences in the Champions League now?

The absolute right thing for him is to stay for next season, and that is true even for a money hungry agent who wants to shift him and get a percentage from the deal!

I don't think the problem is off the pitch so much, I don't think he does want Emery and the team requires on the pitch (aside from scoring important goals lol).

If that's the case, he's out the door

1 hour ago, TheStagMan said:

Well, the same move worked out great for Chukwumeka. 🤣

Imagine wanting to leave a CL club for a mid table muddler. 

Emi Martinez has entered the chat 👀

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's kinda irrelevant that it's on social media, and it's clearly him pining for a move to Chelsea. Does that not irk you in any way?

25 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's kinda irrelevant that it's on social media, and it's clearly him pining for a move to Chelsea. Does that not irk you in any way?

How is it “clear” that he is “pining” for a move to Chelsea?

Just now, briny_ear said:

How is it “clear” that he is “pining” for a move to Chelsea?

Maybe not 'clear' but why is liking all their tweets and none of Arsenal's or City's for example? The speculation has either gone to his head, or Chelsea still have strong interest, IMO.

He really reminds me of Balotelli in that early City side where the rest of the players were really good and professional, and then they had the proverbial maverick in Mario who scored crazy goals and provided something a bit different. And that City team developed pretty well. It's a good thing, is what I'm saying.

• Like 1

Â