Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He ain't gonna start ahead of Nkunku, if he thinks he is he's delusional. 

We can all say this but the fact is you don’t make it as an elite athlete without an almost insane level of belief in your own ability.

14 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's his agent ain't it... Probably trying to manipulate for playing time 🤔

Glad to see Unai has rubbished this 😂

His agent is obviously involved and will always be looking for moves/deals, I don’t think it’s “agent talk” - West Ham definitely put in a bid for one. We probably need to get used to people bidding for our players more!

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think he is probably struggling to settle, not sure what his level of English is like but he is in a squad full of seasoned pros and we have loaned or sold nearly everybody around his age

His talent is there and he has shown it on occasions and I feel if let him go it will be another Gary Cahill level of mistake

Couldn't disagree more.

I'd sell him to the first bidder. Always thought it was a bizarre signing and seems to have a poor attitude, which is fine when you are Anelka but not when you are a poor mans Heskey. (That's being very unfair on Heskey tbh)

Will never make it at this level and isn't remotely close to being good enough for us.

On top of that, there is a big Spanish speaking fraternity amongst the Villa squad, who regularly hang out together and play computer games, go for dinner as a group etc, so settling in shouldn't have been that much of a big deal.

Just don't rate him one bit. I know that's going to annoy people and set them off, but that's my view.

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think you have a fair point about the English, which is often overlooked.

Didn't Duran come from playing in Chicago?   I know they don't speak proper English, but American-English is close enough!

• Haha 3

If Jhon's not careful he'll be back playing in the MLS soon. He's in a position most 20 year olds only dream of. Elite coach, massive club fighting out in the top 4 in the PL, with potentially being a starter 2 - 3 years from now. I've seen his agent's Instagram and I don't like the vibe that I get, which amounts to nothing really but he does strike me as the kind of agent who would fill Jhon's head with the wrong ideas for the stage he's at. We've seen this scenario play out with a LOT of very talented Colombian players and it's just sad

54 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

On top of that, there is a big Spanish speaking fraternity amongst the Villa squad, who regularly hang out together and play computer games, go for dinner as a group etc, so settling in shouldn't have been that much of a big deal.

Agree to disagree on everything else, but with this I am wondering if it is because of the age gap between him and the rest of that group. He's at least 5 years younger than almost everyone else in that group. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

We can all say this but the fact is you don’t make it as an elite athlete without an almost insane level of belief in your own ability.

Arsenal apparently have/had this with their youngsters. Bendtner was notorious for it.

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

Agree to disagree on everything else, but with this I am wondering if it is because of the age gap between him and the rest of that group. He's at least 5 years younger than almost everyone else in that group. 

I don't think that would be an issue. Plenty of younger and old players hang out together. He just seems like a bad apple and and as I say, not a very good player to boot.

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Yeah, but it isn’t school…

they are grown adults… there is no stigma about hanging round with the person five years younger than you…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Couldn't disagree more.

I'd sell him to the first bidder. Always thought it was a bizarre signing and seems to have a poor attitude, which is fine when you are Anelka but not when you are a poor mans Heskey. (That's being very unfair on Heskey tbh)

Will never make it at this level and isn't remotely close to being good enough for us.

Just don't rate him one bit. I know that's going to annoy people and set them off, but that's my view.

View doesn't annoy me, but I couldn't disagree more with it.

It can still be difficult to move somewhere even with the clubs help. He's still young, and probably away from family. Totally different vibe and league, coming from MLS to premiership. The other Spanish speaking players will have helped for sure, but who knows how he's dealing with things personally. I hope he stays and bides his time with us. He's in the best place at the moment, going to Chelsea would probably see him going down the same road as Carney.

Just now, Tom13 said:

View doesn't annoy me, but I couldn't disagree more with it.

That's fine. And your absolute right to do so.

I just don't see a player there that will ever make the grade. Time will tell, but I think he is a big, clumsy, ill disciplined and terribly overrated player who will end up at either a bottom half La Liga club or back in the MLS.

2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's fine. And your absolute right to do so.

I just don't see a player there that will ever make the grade. Time will tell, but I think he is a big, clumsy, ill disciplined and terribly overrated player who will end up at either a bottom half La Liga club or back in the MLS.

Yeah, we shall see in future! 👍 

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Yeah, we shall see in future! 👍 

Yeo absolutely. And listen, I want every single Villa player to work out for us, of course,  but with FFP and player's wages being as high as they are, we cannot afford to carry passengers. Especially ones that upset the harmony in the camp.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Didn't Duran come from playing in Chicago?   I know they don't speak proper English, but American-English is close enough!

True enough, but I don't think he was there for that long.

Either way, as has been pointed out, we now have a contingent of South Americans so that shouldn't be the issue really.

No player is bigger than the Don....and the club I suppose.

If he's not 100% buying in to his future being here, never mind the rumours of attitude or whatever, if he in anyway sees his future elsewhere just **** him off.

Our trajectory is solid. It's not dependent on Jhon Duran. If he becomes the next Pele great for him.

Â