Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 minute ago, clayton8321 said:

Hard to impress when you're asked to make lemonade for 50 people and they give you just 2 lemons.

We are 2nd in the league. I'd say he has enough quality around him, just needs to learn how to use it.

I think we need a more mature CF as back up to Ollie. I like the kid but he is no replacement for Watkins and if we are to challenge for top 4 we need some more reliability.  

• Like 2

Needs a loan so badly.

There's a difference between running around fresh for a sub for 10 minutes in games we're winning to run down the clock....and being asked to lead the line in a tricky away tie and do the necessary stuff like hold the ball up effectively. 

That's why so many of us are a bit nervous if Ollie was to be unavailable for whatever reason for a few weeks.

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think we need a more mature CF as back up to Ollie. I like the kid but he is no replacement for Watkins and if we are to challenge for top 4 we need some more reliability.  

Danny Ings? 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No creativity whatsoever tonight. No Luiz, Tielemans or Buendia, where's the creativity coming from?

I thought his hold up play was pretty average. As a CF away from home against good prem sides you need to do much more than just wait for a throughball to get a shot in.

Need to be holding it up, getting free kicks, getting our wide players into it constantly as Ollie did last week with his assists for the first two goals.

Duran simply isn't at that level from start of games.

19 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

They showed him on TV going to his seat next to Mcginn and other subs

Maybe he came back out but as the rest of the players went to the bench from being subbed he went down the tunnel might have needed a shit 😜 

Just now, VillaChris said:

I thought his hold up play was pretty average. As a CF away from home against good prem sides you need to do much more than just wait for a throughball to get a shot in.

Need to be holding it up, getting free kicks, getting our wide players into it constantly as Ollie did last week with his assists for the first two goals.

Did he get many balls into him to actually try and hold up?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

But that's why he doesn't start games... 

The cup is the perfect chance for him to learn that stuff, same as Europe 

He's good enough for what we're doing and we're not going to buy (or shouldn't at least) a £20-30m old head to potentially push us over the line should Watkins miss a game that ejxt season of we don't get over the line we can't do a thing with 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Did he get many balls into him to actually try and hold up?

He was really on the fringes of the game I thought (aside from the one shot that was a good save).

Ollie comes on and straight away he's constantly getting it on the left and dragging their backline across.

Duran looked to be doing o.k start of the season scoring v Everton, Hibs and Warsaw. Perhaps he thought he was due a prem start at that stage? Watkins scores hat trick v Brighton and that's hime up and running for the season and now Duran looks further away in breaking through than six months ago.

• Like 2

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Don't be stupid. Someone more mature than a 19 year old kid. 

But like who? 

We go buy a journeyman to sit in the bench? For what, an emergency incase Watkins gets injured, who is that guy and what personality does he come with to be willing to do that? 

And then out of everyone else in a mad around us, bar wilson at Newcastle (who was bought before isak) who else has two proper strikers in their squads? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He was really on the fringes of the game I thought (aside from the one shot that was a good save).

Ollie comes on and straight away he's constantly getting it on the left and dragging their backline across.

Duran looked to be doing o.k start of the season scoring v Everton, Hibs and Warsaw. Perhaps he thought he was due a prem start at that stage? Watkins scores hat trick v Brighton and that's hime up and running for the season and now Duran looks further away in breaking through than six months ago.

Ollie didn’t do that much at all, not more than Duran 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ollie didn't really get the opportunity to do much mor when he came on either 

Don't think people realise how difficult to play as a lone striker for us when the game is like that.

CF hasn’t been getting a lot of service recently tbf… we’re missing a few and some need to rediscover form… we seem to be relying on set pieces more than anything…

Feels like we’ve really payed the price for beating Citeh n Arsenal 😆

The Kamara suspension was a big blow too…

We need Tielemans back asap and continuing in that attacking role… 

Diaby, Zaniolo and Ramsey hitting form would be a massive boost…

-

If this is a “minor slump” we’ll soon be over it and back with a bang again.

• Like 2

Â