Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

You've never played then. When I was growing up my first touch was the worst thing about my game. I worked hard on it and now my first touch is probably the best part of my football.

Not sure where you got the idea that first touch isn't teachable or learnable. And it may be fed into by composure but very much not the same thing at all, it's closer to skill - and there are millions of skillful players around the world with poor composure.

I actually have and stand by what I said.

Your good self might well be an odd exception and good on you.

I wonder why that useless clown who played number 11 for us - was just as technically inept the day that he finished as he was the day he started.

A strong first touch is either something that is natural to you or it isn’t.

Take Brian Little, Gary Shaw, Dimitar Berbatov as classic case in point imo 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He looks League 1 at the moment. Just like the level he was playing at. But he has been bought for the future rather than for now.  Lots of people with far more understanding of football than me see real potential in him. 

Holding the ball up will be key. And that will come with time.  He can shoot for sure.  

A big old unit at 19 and a quarter. The next 2 years will see him really gain strength to go with the build. 

Interestingly i think him and Archer would be an incredible front 2 . 

I think Archer is, and will be, a better striker

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think Archer is, and will be, a better striker

You may be right but it’s worth remembering Archer is 2yrs older. 

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Emery name dropped him when asked about strikers... so whilst there is no pressure for expectation on him, it seems he will defo be involved somewhat.

He mentioned he hopes to give him some minutes. If we're winning comfortably, expect to see him basically.

I hope he can be eased into the role and that Watkins/Bailey stay fit enough so he doesn't have to start a huge string of matches.

But sometimes when you got it, you got it - Benteke came from Genk to 19 goals in his first season at Villa.

Conversely, Samatta came from Genk and looked terrified of the ball coming to his feet.

21 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I love Cam. I see everything in him to be a premier league striker.  The touch and composure. Playing with his head up. 2 footed and lethal with it . Met a boro fan on work training today who went on saturday when they played watford. He could not believe how good he was. His movement and runs are top notch.  And he is getting so strong now. And that is making him explosive. 

I just hope that Emery has decided that he needs 6 months on loan  to catch fire again for the good of his career   rather than him not being convinced. 

He looks miles ahead of Duran at the moment. But there is defo something about Duran as well. Once he has had his game taken apart by the coaches and then rebuilt he could be a real weapon. 

That’s actually very worrying to hear 

21 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I just hope that Emery has decided that he needs 6 months on loan  to catch fire again for the good of his career   rather than him not being convinced.

I hope so too. But I do think we're seeing that Emery takes into account the human element very well. He knows that Archer will be really fed up and likely sitting second fiddle to Ollie is not what he needed for another few months.

22 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I wonder why that useless clown who played number 11 for us - was just as technically inept the day that he finished as he was the day he started.

Shaw had the best first touch of any Villa player I've seen. He could kill an exocet with his instep.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I love Cam. I see everything in him to be a premier league striker.  The touch and composure. Playing with his head up. 2 footed and lethal with it . Met a boro fan on work training today who went on saturday when they played watford. He could not believe how good he was. His movement and runs are top notch.  And he is getting so strong now. And that is making him explosive. 

I just hope that Emery has decided that he needs 6 months on loan  to catch fire again for the good of his career   rather than him not being convinced. 

He looks miles ahead of Duran at the moment. But there is defo something about Duran as well. Once he has had his game taken apart by the coaches and then rebuilt he could be a real weapon. 

He was awesome, his movement off the ball and the predatory power he possesses is getting better and better - his last outing was outstanding. I have to say Duran does look like he has enough to succeed also, very rangey and strong with a good shot, he is only going to get bigger and stringer too. We have some talent in these two.

• Like 1

On 03/02/2023 at 06:52, ChesterDad said:

nonsense

first touch is a skill and can't be improved/learnt. however, like anything, not everyone learns and develops skills in the same way or at the same speed - and some just don't learn at all

1 hour ago, Anything11 said:

nonsense

first touch is a skill and can't be improved/learnt. however, like anything, not everyone learns and develops skills in the same way or at the same speed - and some just don't learn at all

Your gonna have to come again with this - it sounds as though you may well be agreeing with me ??

8 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

Shaw had the best first touch of any Villa player I've seen. He could kill an exocet with his instep.....

sounds risky, i can understand why some people insure their legs now.....

On 02/02/2023 at 14:52, ChesterDad said:

This threw me for some reason… I was going through Petrov, Milner, Solano thinking you were a complete nutjob…

Â