Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

9 minutes ago, messi11 said:

If Gordan is worth £40 Mil, Gibbs White £42.5mil, Keane Potter £20mil..... For a French International that can talk multi languages and got great hair. Bargain. 

Is that hair a hindrance? It looks like it could be grabbed it tight areas. #kenneth

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Yes we are Mr "Jack Harrison is better than Bailey and Buendia" 😂🤣 the gift that keeps on giving. 

Thought as much, Mr. “Bailey is better than Grealish” 😂🤣

Hows our title charge coming along for next season by the way? Gonna be a helluva an achievement considering we’re broke and Emery will have left because he hasn’t been backed! 

Any more pearls of wisdom, Tayls?

Edited by Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Thought as much!

Hows our title charge coming along for next season by the way? Gonna be a helluva an achievement considering we’re broke and Emery will have left because he hasn’t been backed! 

Any more pearls of wisdom before school starts in a couple of hours, Tayls?

I said 1-3 years for the title challenge. Don't forget Arsenal 2 seasons ago challenging us for 9th/8th/10th place. And look where they are now. We have Unai Emery! 71.43% Win record so far. Europe beckons this season. Anything is possible in the future. You should trust in Emery more.

Just now, messi11 said:

I said 1-3 years for the title challenge. Don't forget Arsenal 2 seasons ago challenging us for 9th/8th/10th place. And look where they are now. We have Unai Emery! 71.43% Win record so far. Europe beckons this season. Anything is possible in the future. You should trust in Emery more.

But you said he was going to leave because he hasn’t been backed, right?

4 hours ago, WHY said:

To be fair wether you like it or not it’s one of the top cities in the world. 

It’s not really that as the key factor in this instance though. It’s that you can go out as a PL footballer for dinner or whatever and be largely ignored as there are pretty much always other (and bigger) celebrities around, vs other cities in the UK which are small enough that you’re the main attraction and have people asking for selfies etc. Les Ferdinand talks well about this on why he loves playing for QPR and Spurs and hated Newcastle.

5 hours ago, messi11 said:

The markets can change. Bearish one day Bullish the other. I can't control the direction of the wind but I can adjust my sail. 

might want to check that sail - judging by your post history you are closer to a blacked out captain jack sparrow than christopher columbus

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wonder why. 

So what happens then if we don’t sign anyone? Despite myself and a few others stating that we don’t think we will for various reasons, and yourself and others slamming us for suggesting this might be the case? Should we expect an apology, or what? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

So what happens then if we don’t sign anyone? Despite myself and a few others stating that we don’t think we will for various reasons, and yourself and others slamming us for suggesting this might be the case? Should we expect an apology, or what? 

If we sign nobody, I shall apologise on behalf of Aston Villa to you.

Twice.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If you feel you need a stranger on the internet to apologise to you, sure man, I’ll do it. 👍

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tayls said:

And no crossing fingers or anything else, because it won’t count! 

Trust the process chappy.

Even if we get no one in, I won’t be upset.  Sometimes you need to have a good clear out and start from the beginning.

If we have to wait until the summer to get option A, then rather that than splurge a load of cash on option b/c/d who we then need to move on again.

We’re not going down, and Europe is a tough ask.  I’m completely chilled. Let Emery do his work.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Thug said:

Trust the process chappy.

Even if we get no one in, I won’t be upset.  Sometimes you need to have a good clear out and start from the beginning.

If we have to wait until the summer to get option A, then rather that than splurge a load of cash on option b/c/d who we then need to move on again.

We’re not going down, and Europe is a tough ask.  I’m completely chilled. Let Emery do his work.

Oh I’m chilled for sure. Love Emery’s work. I was super optimistic when the window started however I have gradually begun to wonder whether we either

a) have the funds

b) Have struggled to attract the players we actually want 

I’m sure we will add players in the summer. I get we have had a bit of a clear out which is great (although I think we could do with shifting more to be honest). However, what I do dislike is when posters have a go at me for suggesting one of those points above as a reason for not signing a player. 

But it’s fine, I’m all for a bit of bants here and there. I don’t appreciate name calling though.

Edited by Tayls

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Oh I’m chilled for sure. Love Emery’s work. I was super optimistic when the window started however I have gradually begun to wonder whether we either

a) have the funds

b) Have struggled to attract the players we actually want 

I’m sure we will add players in the summer. I get we have had a bit of a clear out which is great (although I think we could do with shifting more to be honest). However, what I do dislike is when posters have a go at me for suggesting one of those points above as a reason for not signing a player. 

But it’s fine, I’m all for a bit of bants here and there. I don’t appreciate name calling though.

1) If we didn’t have money, we wouldn’t have gone out to get Emery.  We were in the shit and Emery was having a good time.  Why ditch that gig to come here without reassurances?

2) This is likely very true.  And hence why we’re probably going to be signing on deadline day as good players generally like to weigh up all possible offers before making a choice.  Unfortunately this is we are at at the moment.  Feeding off scraps from the big table.

But rather this than signing a player that no one else wants, no?

• Like 3

Â