Álex Moreno

Delphinho123

This guy is a one man attacking machine, he never stops. He made trippier who's having a great season look average.

Not only that but his decision making when he gets in and around the box is superb. Would love Unai to get a similar player for the right side next season with Ash as back up for another year.

• Like 2

On 16/04/2023 at 13:26, Sulberto21 said:

Carlos still ‘repping‘ Sevilla 😂. Dougie like the teachers pet who doesn’t want detention ‘Aston Villa’ …. 

My niece told me to write repping btw.

Carlos trying to wind up Villa fans and Morenos old Betis fans in one clip

Elite Troll 😜

37 minutes ago, 6065_Villa said:

This guy is a one man attacking machine, he never stops. He made trippier who's having a great season look average.

Not only that but his decision making when he gets in and around the box is superb. Would love Unai to get a similar player for the right side next season with Ash as back up for another year.

I said when he signed he'd give us something we haven't had for ages. A fullback who's fully comfortable on the ball and who can dribble. However I had no idea how good his decision making would be. His cutback success rate must be right up there.

• Like 1

Just now, Nigel said:

I'm quite glad he is a bit older, there would be a very real chance he would be looked at by some very big teams if he were younger. 

Definitely. He looks not far off the most complete FB in the league on current form!

6 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

He's the best full-back I've seen in a Villa shirt since Ken Swain.

Him motoring onto the rebound from the Watkins shot, winning it, under control straight away, beating a man and also teeing up Ramsey.

antonio-banderas-dissatisfied.gif

• Like 1

Garth Crooks's (I know , I know) team of the week was posted on twitter the other days and there was a huge amount of outrage that he didn't include Moreno. The mad thing was that the majority of those complaining were Newcastle fans who couldn't praise him enough

On balance he also included David deGea as his goalkeeper who made zero saves in their match against bottom of the table forest 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Garth Crooks's (I know , I know) team of the week was posted on twitter the other days and there was a huge amount of outrage that he didn't include Moreno. The mad thing was that the majority of those complaining were Newcastle fans who couldn't praise him enough

On balance he also included David deGea as his goalkeeper who made zero saves in their match against bottom of the table forest 🤣

Garth Crooks' choices for 'team of the week' often demonstrate he's either a pundit fraud or he's simply taking the pee in seeing how  he can irrationality shoehorn some of the best known players in. If it's the latter, it might be to generate reactions and clicks, but I suspect it's the former.

His output is best laughed at or ignored, in my opinion.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Oh he has been getting praise all over social media from fans of other clubs this week mate, as well as Ollie.

One of the reasons I'm happy we finally performed when everyone was watching us.

We usually bottle it when we are a" featured " game.

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Garth Crooks' choices for 'team of the week' often demonstrate he's either a pundit fraud or he's simply taking the pee in seeing how  he can irrationality shoehorn some of the best known players in. If it's the latter, it might be to generate reactions and clicks, but I suspect it's the former.

Clean sheet and/or goal = you're in.  Formation is irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

I don't think Crooks watches the games. It's actually sort of admirable he's made it for decades at a job where the one requirement is to watch the games. Presumably on extortionate BBC wages. I respect it. I am jealous. I want that job. You go, Garth.

Pivoting pretty harshly back on topic, Moreno is still really good. If these are the sort of signings we're going to make under Emery, then.. wow.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wishywashy said:

I don't think Crooks watches the games. It's actually sort of admirable he's made it for decades at a job where the one requirement is to watch the games. Presumably on extortionate BBC wages. I respect it. I am jealous. I want that job. You go, Garth.

Pivoting pretty harshly back on topic, Moreno is still really good. If these are the sort of signings we're going to make under Emery, then.. wow.

Unless he scores against a scum 6 team, I dont even think Crooks knows who Moreno is

If he does get into his team of the week the review will be about how he has improved from his Liverpool days

• Haha 1

Without turning this into a Moreno/Digne debate because Moreno is clearly the better player, his form may mean Digne looking elsewhere. 

When Moreno first came in and was finding his feet there seemed to be regular rotation between the two, which was probably enough to keep Digne happy. After bedding into the team now Moreno is simply unmovable, if fit he will play because the drop off is huge. 

8 hours ago, brommy said:

Garth Crooks' choices for 'team of the week' often demonstrate he's either a pundit fraud or he's simply taking the pee in seeing how  he can irrationality shoehorn some of the best known players in. 

I've noticed he seems to get his facts wrong quite a few times. Perhaps almost as much as I do. 🙄

11 hours ago, 6065_Villa said:

Would be surprised if he does. I think an attacking full back on one side and a defensive one on the other is pretty much Emery's hallmark at this stage. I think the big signing this summer will be a right winger. Whoever plays at right back will be defensive minded as opposed to a right sided version of Moreno.

• Like 1

Â