Midweek Football 2:5 January

andykeenan

This top four race is going to get vicious.

We've already got Chelsea fans clamouring for Potter out, Liverpool fans wanting FSG out, Man Utd fans on their ongoing crusade against the Glazers and Spurs fans being turned on Levy by their manager and we're barely getting started!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This top four race is going to get vicious.

We've already got Chelsea fans clamouring for Potter out, Liverpool fans wanting FSG out, Man Utd fans on their ongoing crusade against the Glazers and Spurs fans being turned on Levy by their manager and we're barely getting started!

Newcastle annoyingly well placed!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Considering the amount of hype he got, I really don't rate Nunez. 

It was a good transfer, but the Haaland comparisons came from the Liverpool bias media. 

• Like 2

I said after our game with Liverpool that I'd never seen them so easy to get at, and they weren't all that. 

They really do look very ordinary. 

Crazy that even with the run we had under Gerrard, if we had got a result against them last week, which really wouldn't have been a stretch, we'd be just one point behind them now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Considering the amount of hype he got, I really don't rate Nunez. 

I can see the fans turning on him like they did Carroll if this keeps up until the end of the season

It really **** annoys me though to see yet another tiny team from London doing so well in the Premier League again. 

I respect Brentford, and they look the real deal but I'm so fed up of Championship and below teams all punching far above their weight because of the London effect. 

You just know if you swap out Brentford, Crystal Palace and Fulham with eg Oldham, Blackpool and Port Vale they wouldn't even be able to attract some of the players those small London Clubs do, and even of they did they'd be easily pillaged by the likes of us, Leeds, Everton etc if they were a success. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I said after our game with Liverpool that I'd never seen them so easy to get at, and they weren't all that. 

They really do look very ordinary. 

Crazy that even with the run we had under Gerrard, if we had got a result against them last week, which really wouldn't have been a stretch, we'd be just one point behind them now. 

They seem to really struggle to break down a deep defence these days, and look incredibly vulnerable to pace on the counter.

Emery probably got that one wrong, although I understand why he did it.

I’m a bit confused by what’s happened to them. Is it just failing to replace Mane, or is there more to it? Van Dijk looked poor, Trent was useless.

Â