VillaTalk Deadpool 2023

Xela

Met Betty Boothroyd a few times, she was a good friend of a friend of my mothers, so as a teenager we'd sometimes be at the same social functions. She always remembered my name which always impressed me

She did well for herself considering she started out as a dancer in the Tiller Girls

On 23/02/2023 at 14:41, tonyh29 said:

I used to plays as Kaiserslautern on Sensible Soccer on the Amiga , purely for that name (showing my age) 

I did too but not for that reason. They're my German team ever since.

What was it 13 goals in a single world cup??? I don't think anyone will ever get that. Even Argentina being force-fed penalties in the last one got them nowhere 

1 hour ago, theunderstudy said:

What was it 13 goals in a single world cup??? I don't think anyone will ever get that. Even Argentina being force-fed penalties in the last one got them nowhere 

Give FIFA a few years and 128 teams and we'll see...

On 01/03/2023 at 13:37, theunderstudy said:

Yes. He scored 30 goals in just 21 games for France. He had to retire early because of injury.

51 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Steve Mackey bassist from Pulp just gone 

sounds like a long term illness 

My god that one hurts.  Arguably my favourite ever band, unquestionably my favourite 90's band.

God it makes you feel old when the likes of Pulp start popping off.  My life has mainly been about losing stars you knew of but were before your time, or the generally mental ones who abused themselves.

😔😓

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My god that one hurts.  Arguably my favourite ever band, unquestionably my favourite 90's band.

God it makes you fell old when the likes of Pulp start popping off.  My life has mainly been about losing stars you knew of but were before your time, or the generally mental ones who abused themselves.

😔😓

It's going to be a shit decade as all of the remaining music greats of the 60's will die off. Apart from Keith Richards who can't be  killed by conventional weapons.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It's going to be a shit decade as all of the remaining music greats of the 60's will die off. Apart from Keith Richards who can't be  killed by conventional weapons.

Willie Nelson is from the same genetic pool as Richards

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Thats sad, I actually have a couple of records he's on :(

Know relatively little about jazz but remember him being awarded the Polar music prize a couple years back.