The best player since 2010 (but not Ronaldo or Messi!)

Mic09

Obviously Messi and Ronaldo are the best players of the most recent era. I was wondering, if you were to list top 3 players from 2010 except for those two, who would they be?

I'll go first:

1. Lewandowski

2. Modric

3. Aguero 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Modric but No love for Manuel Neuer, reinvented goalkeeping and won it all

Robben, Lewandowski, Kroos, Iniesta maybe Thomas Muller and Thiago Silva worth a mention. Xavi too but no longevity

10 years is a long time, think neuer and Muller both did well and deserve credit for recovering from injuries and bad form, both more or less disappeared for over a year but came back brilliantly

I think in terms of most likely to be the next Messi v Ronaldo, it’s probably Mbappe and Haaland.

In terms of actual performances over that period, there are a load of elite players who’ve been consistently excellent. Modric, Lewandowski, etc as named above.

On the more defensive side, worth mentioning Neuer, Sergio Ramos, Casemiro, Kante.

You could argue that if you’re looking at that specific period, it really has to be Sergio Ramos, massive prick that he is. Just a phenomenal all round footballer who won everything. Not enough respect given to defenders in today’s game.

Edit: and in fact if you look at FIFPro annual World XIs he’s behind only Messi and Ronaldo in appearances, with an unbroken stint from 2011-2020

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Edit: and in fact if you look at FIFPro annual World XIs he’s behind only Messi and Ronaldo in appearances, with an unbroken stint from 2011-2020

Yeah, but he had about 3 years off for red cards during that run. 

• Haha 1

Â