World Cup: Matches

Genie

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't see the shape as a problem - he's essentially doing what Emery did after Gerrard - sticking someone next to Rice (or our Luiz) and setting the forwards free.

Bellingham is a very good midfielder in that free role - I think he can do very well there - he's not a natural six by any means.

You sure?

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so, if we finish top of the table....

Senegal last 16?

probably France or Argentina in the quarters?

probably Croatia/Belgium or Portugal in the semis (maybe Germany)?

Poland to get a draw tomorrow, and it will likely be Poland in quarters. 

I don't like Southgate, but he got results in big tournaments. But the luck he has with the draws has been absolutely unbelievable. The luckiest man on earth. 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Watch him score now but bbc bigging up Dan James... He's shit... And a diving word removed on top of it

English media have this obsession over fast players as if it makes them automatically brilliant, just look at any time game changer  Adama Traore gets the ball

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

English media have this obsession over fast players as if it makes them automatically brilliant, just look at any time game changer  Adama Traore gets the ball

I think it dates back to the days when English centre halves moved like oil tankers. Modern defenders generally don’t struggle that much with pace, unless it’s absolutely electric and combined with real skill (a la Mbappe).

I would love to know what the players really think of his tactics? I think some of them especially the young lads probably think he is a ****. I mean he is not the most street wise of people is he. I don't even know him and can see right through his bullshit.

I.e "I don't like the media talking up the players, the pressure can get too much for them". On Foden. He plays for Man City argubly the best team in the world, playing for England with Safegate at the helm ain't gonna faze him???? Most of these multi millionaire players live in a bubble where by they all think they are great, I doubt pressure these days is much of a problem.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I've always thought the English national anthem should be Land of Hope and Glory tbh. Obvs the glory bit is missing, hope has gone and we've just land left..... It's a start though!

Jerusalem without a doubt. Goosebumps every time that's sung.