World Cup: Matches

Genie

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He is like Gerrard, subs like for like but doesn't change the system, style of play.

Thank **** we have Unai, who sees a problem and either changes a players role or changes the player.

Southgate has that typical British manager mentality. It's not his system that's the issue but the player. He didn't chang how we played despite subs that could have, should have brought a different dynamic. Slow, pedestrian turgid shit. We're lucky we tonked Iran as if it had been a slim win I'd put a punt on us not getting out th group.

What a f**king fraud of a manager 

Could you envisage Southgate motivating anyone? Cos I certainly couldn't. Absolute fraud indeed.

• Like 2

Just now, avfc1982am said:

They didn't. They pressed well, created some openings and had a shitload of corners but they didn't deserve to win. England didn't either. It was a pretty dreadful game tbh. The US definitely didn't deserve to lose. 

If the pulisic shot went off the underside of the crossbar and in, that wouldn’t have been a “deserved win” ? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Kane talking so much shit 

Cant listen to this garbage

Said we weren’t clinical enough. We didn’t even get into positions to be clinical (apart from his header at the end) 

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Kane says we played a tough team. F*** me we won't get near Brazil or France, Henderson sub was baffling.

Saying they didn't play there best is also a abysmal excuse. 

I thought the Henderson sub was a good one, we were struggling in possession and not controlling the game

But then as others have said he brings on players but sticks to the system that he already has in place, Henderson should be there to put his foot on the ball dictate the pace and push us forward, instead he's doing doggies and running past kane like he's a 10

Watching Henderson in the 88th minute doing a one man press vs 2 CBs about summed tonight up

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

They didn't. They pressed well, created some openings and had a shitload of corners but they didn't deserve to win. England didn't either. It was a pretty dreadful game tbh. The US definitely didn't deserve to lose. 

I have to agree. For American fans, it totally feels like a huge win to us. But the fact is, we didn’t close the deal in the box and you need to be able to do that. From the very beginning of the match, England seemed sluggish. All that tippy tapping playing from the back and looking for the perfect openings all the time.

Everyone I know in America was very puzzled at the slowest of the substitutions for England. We were expecting to get killed off after halftime.  

Edited by Marka Ragnos

1 minute ago, grantholtgolazo said:

If the pulisic shot went off the underside of the crossbar and in, that wouldn’t have been a “deserved win” ? 

Well, they'd have won then, so yeah. But they didn't, so they didn't deserve to.  So my point stands.

They didn't have any other clear chances, so one shot against the bar doesn't count as a goal, a win or being more deserving of a win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Look at the table. If Wales beat England 7-0, there might be an issue. The issue being, we would all have to die ashamed.

If Wales win 1-0 we should a die ashamed to be honest.

I bet you Safegate plays for a draw.

• Like 1

England played well in back. Maguire was England's MOTM for me. Saka had a good first 15 minutes then disappeared and England didn't look like a serious threat again until Grealish came on. It was textbook sterile possession. Why England didn't take more chances is beyond me. It's not like it was hard to win the ball off the US. If you give it up, win it back.

The US were tidy in back (Kane could never get free) and showed some creativity in midfield that England lacked. That said, they lack a quality striker and were never going to solve England's defence on the night. USA MOTM probably McKennie for me.

Neither of these teams is going to win the World Cup.

• Like 1