World Cup: Matches

Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That goal, and the 2nd Saudi goal against Argentina are the best goals so far.

I agree, plus Japan's second goal, what brilliant control from the long high pass and then smashing it into the top corner from a tight angle, wow! England's goals were great too but I guess not quite as amazing as a few from other matches that have quickly followed. 

Edited by robby b

Berhalter isn't a good manager so we are already in a hole in that regard.

If Southgate plays things safe we might have a chance at a result. 

What you should do is attack the **** out of us because our counter attack will just falter at the end.

I fear this is the England team that finally beat us in the WC. And it could be ugly. 

A draw and then a win v Iran should see us through. Letting Wales back in that game might really haunt us.

Edited by maqroll

Reality is with declined Bale and Ramsey there isn't much difference in quality between the two.

I'd say Ben Davies is Wales only consistant top level player. Moore is decent aswell but can't see any top 10 prem club wanting him while Iran have a CF who's a starter for knock out CL club.

With Iran focused I think this will just be another draw and Wales will probably concede 3-4 v England given it's easy to get 1 v 1 at the back.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Much more nervy than I was hoping for, heat may play a factor later in the game too (negativity for us)

Page really should've mixed up the team a bit more imo. Just the one change isn't it? Morrell started every game at the euros so I was expecting him to come in today. Ramsey is just getting into the team on reputation nowadays and Harry Wilson has been really poor in the World cup so the midfield is a bit of a mess.

Guess they'll throw Joe Allen into he England game but big ask given he hasn't played for a few months.

Assume the plan is just to throw Dan James and Brennan Johnson on around hour mark if it's still 0-0.

Edited by VillaChris

Just now, rjw63 said:

Wales going home early, they look crap.

came on to post exactly the same

chances are we'll already be through so we'll make a number of changes

and we'll still absolutely spank them