Pre Match Thread: Let’s Finish Strongly

theboyangel

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Took all of 10 days for us to turn back to being miserable negative words removed FFS

Grim isn’t it. 

With Watkins and Bailey ill he didn’t have lots of options. You can bet there is a plan though. 

cant figure out how they are lining up, a type of 343/352?.......4231?

Not sure who in their first 11 is at right back?, they have a debutant 19 year old CD (Colwill), alongside Dunk, Estupinan is a LB, but maybe he is left of a back 3 with Dunk/Colwill?

BBC has Gross at RB, but hes a central midfielder?

Edited by MaVilla

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can't see it, Brighton don't play that way.

Which is why I think packing the midfield is a good call. 

10 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Try Pre match coverage on sky sports is awful btw.

The Pre match build up for Brighton and Aston Villa are non existent.

I hope that Amazon or BT knock them off

What are they actually talking about, it's not like Fulham-Man. United later is some blockbuster stop the nation game later like say Liverpool-Man. City.

Have they got Souness in and he's droning on about how amazing Ronaldo still is?!

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

I don't care for this line-up.....but what do I know?

best of luck ,Villa.

It's certainly not our strongest - but I don't think there's much else we can do - with Coutinho, Watkins and Bailey all missing we don't have many options - perhaps we could have played five at the back or put Dendoncker or Sanson in for McGinn, but ten of these pretty much pick themselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

cant figure out how they are lining up, a type of 343/352?.......4231?

Not sure who in their first 11 is at right back?, they have a debutant 19 year old CD (Colwill), alongside Dunk, Estupinan is a LB, but maybe he is left of a back 3 with Dunk/Colwill?

BBC has Gross at RB, but hes a central midfielder?

Solly March plays that role for them but he's normally a RWB, assume they're playing a back 4 today.

Until we bring Bailey on we haven't really got anyone in the team who can actually test out their fullbacks.

Edited by VillaChris

Gonna be interesting to see who wins the battle on the flanks.

We seem to try and be patient in building from the back and then having mainly Digne as the go-to outlet in bringing the ball forward.

Brighton will try and get it wide to their wingers under Di Zerbi and they are the ones who are the main outlet when bringing it forward. Hopefully we win this battle.