Pre Match Thread: Let’s Finish Strongly

theboyangel

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

His plan is ruined due to Watkins and Bailey being ill. He is forced to field zero pace in attack like this

Yep but this is where I hope we see the quality of Emery.  Gerrard would’ve stuck with the same plan just slotted in different players.  Emery I hope tinkers with the game plan to accommodate the lack of pace.  Still early days but I’m intrigued.

• Like 3

Just now, jim said:

Yeah AEG and Trez would have made all the difference 

You'd rather have McGinn or Buendia (I suspect Buendia) providing our width than Traore, yeah? Or Sarr?

Amazing you're still willing to defend that moron

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Ok ....so it is what it is I guess.  If they're ill then what can you do? 

Will just have to pick things up after the World cup. Shame though as it would have been interesting to see how we did today against the in form team of the division.

Sadly I can only see another heavy defeat now as we surely won't be able to get out with no pace & McGinn constantly giving the ball away too. 

Easy day for Brighton incoming I fear.

**** he’ll mate , Brighton are good but the way you are talking we are playing Guardiola’s Barca.. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

It must be Luiz and Kamara as the holding two, with buendia and Ramsey on the flanks and McGinn as 10, that's his role with Scotland further up the pitch so may just work

Yeah, this is what I’m thinking too. Although I’d rather he wasn’t there at all.

That could be mcginn pushed further up in to his Scotland role

Emery still looking at this squad, not sure why there's an overly negative reaction to it, due diligence before January and he starts to make the big changes

Buendia drifts right, JJ left, mcginn central almost like a 10, don't think we've ever done it before despite him looking great for Scotland at times

As I like mcginn I also hope this works for him

And villa obviously... Not sure why so many know it will fail almost to the extent that they want it to fail so they can shout told you so

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You'd rather have McGinn or Buendia (I suspect Buendia) providing our width than Traore, yeah? Or Sarr?

Amazing you're still willing to defend that moron

Buendia who played most of his game time  pre Villa as right midfield, that guy? 
Many sticks you can use but crying about no width because we sold those two is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness to the manager he's now in a position where he has no wide forwards at all and only one experienced centre forward available - there's not really a lot more he can do.

The club identified Sarr as a wide option in the summer but Slippy decided we didn't need him. What a moron.