Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

Wrong time to start this thread!!

At the minute, many of the forum users seem to be caught up in the same old transfer window hysteria that we see twice a year. All doom and gloom because we haven't made any marquee signings yet and the squad is too small? Really? I never would have guessed.

Many of the people on here simply seem to have forgotten the 10 years of mediocrity before MON arrived. Not all the managers were bad, and we've had some good players along the way, but I don't remember a time as positive as a supporter of Aston Villa. Good chairman, good manger, a bit of cash, and some genuine quality in the squad. Of course I'm happy!

Though because we've yet to show our colours in the transfer market this year (in a week it will all be different...) i fear the majority of short-sighted, lightweight Villa fans, will say no.

"In a week it will all be different""...do you know something we dont whats happening in a week :?

Having a different opinion is not short sighted...who cares whats happend in the last ten years...we are not hull city ffsake we are Villa. I judge the squad on this season and this season alone...I look at our squad plues our european games to come plus cup matches and the results are clear to see...our squad is simply not good enough. Throw in Osbourne,Salifou and Heskey as members of that squad and I can see us getting outplayed (like last year) by a hell of a lot of teams

At the minute, many of the forum users seem to be caught up in the same old transfer window hysteria that we see twice a year. All doom and gloom because we haven't made any marquee signings yet and the squad is too small? Really? I never would have guessed.

Many of the people on here simply seem to have forgotten the 10 years of mediocrity before MON arrived. Not all the managers were bad, and we've had some good players along the way, but I don't remember a time as positive as a supporter of Aston Villa. Good chairman, good manger, a bit of cash, and some genuine quality in the squad. Of course I'm happy!

Though because we've yet to show our colours in the transfer market this year (in a week it will all be different...) i fear the majority of short-sighted, lightweight Villa fans, will say no.

"In a week it will all be different""...do you know something we dont whats happening in a week :?

Having a different opinion is not short sighted...who cares whats happend in the last ten years...we are not hull city ffsake we are Villa. I judge the squad on this season and this season alone...I look at our squad plues our european games to come plus cup matches and the results are clear to see...our squad is simply not good enough. Throw in Osbourne,Salifou and Heskey as members of that squad and I can see us getting outplayed (like last year) by a hell of a lot of teams

Wish i did, but no, this is a statement of faith more than fact.

I guess i'm going on the basis that MON wouldn't allow Zat to leave unless he was very close to signing another CB.

I could be wrong, and if i am then you may see my faith in MON start to waver, but we're at the business end of the window so will expect - nay demand - some serious activity at Villa Park by the start of next week.

Sit back, open the popcorn and put your feet up - our intentions for the coming season are about to be made clear... (oh god please spend some money!)

Wow. The unhappy fans are winning this! Amazing...

We should run the same pole in 3 weeks time - the middle of an inactive tranfer window is no time judge the happiness of nervous Villa fans!

PS: Actually, it is a good time to run it if you want a reflection of how anxious people are. But not if you want a sensible answer... ;)

FM - I really do hope you are right... :oops:

For me, it feels like we have been spun some very slick Marketing / PR - but I think the value of that may have just ran out.

Off the pitch we have improved everywhere.

On the pitch, it really doesn't feel too different to the pre-Randy days, circa 1982 - 2006.

As its results on the pitch that win you things, I have to vote 'Not Happy'

Mostly agree with this as am starting to doubt MON's ability to push us to the next level. Progressing slowly is no longer an option in the current climate. Hopefully MON will make us all happy with a series of masterstroke signings but I am not holding my breath.

Wow. The unhappy fans are winning this! Amazing...

Well, when you are not satisfied you are loud and moaning :rant: and when you are satisfied you just don't bother :thumb:.

So the negatives will always be on top, you don't see the happy ones.

But I'm sure when August 15th hits us and silly season is over most of us go like this :clap: and :flag:!

I thought the happy happy ones were the 'MON knows best' contingent?? :D

I myself would put myself in the 'MON know best contingent' - at least till he's had a chance to prove otherwise this window.

Just think that a manager should be judged on what is required of him at the time.

Off the pitch, in the transfer window, he's required to improve the squad.

On the pitch he's required to get the team to perform.

Well he achieved both last season for me, so yes, I'm happy till he proves me otherwise.

Just like it's possible for a player to improve, it's also possible for a manager to improve. If MON made mistakes last year, i reckon he's smart enough to learn from them.

IMO of course... :|

I thought the happy happy ones were the 'MON knows best' contingent?? :D

And I guess the unhappy ones are the 'we know best' contingent? :nod:

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

I thought the happy happy ones were the 'MON knows best' contingent??

I myself would put myself in the 'MON know best contingent' - at least till he's had a chance to prove otherwise this window.

Just think that a manager should be judged on what is required of him at the time.

Off the pitch, in the transfer window, he's required to improve the squad.

On the pitch he's required to get the team to perform.

Well he achieved both last season for me, so yes, I'm happy till he proves me otherwise.

Just like it's possible for a player to improve, it's also possible for a manager to improve. If MON made mistakes last year, i reckon he's smart enough to learn from them. IMO of course.

I am still to be convinced by MON, he's still an enigma in my books and I wonder if he flatters to decieve.

But I am glad you're happy FM!

50/50 is probably about right.

It shows that the fans are in a little limbo and to be honest that is encouraging in many ways.

Obviously it serves as frustration for some but we have a history of making good signings when it comes to the crunch.

Hopefully the last 2years scouting and tinkering will mean the players we want will want to come.

I'm nervous.. but happy. We have made progress as a club, although I feel this season we may be bumped back a notch or two. Still an improvement on where we were 4 years ago, but I really hoped then we'd be competing for honours rather than battling for Uefa spots and a half decent Cup run.

I was happier when this thread was first started than I am now, but back then we still had Barry and Laursen.

A definate 'Yes' for me.

We have had 2 good seasons in a row and I think too many people are being too hasty in assuming they know what next season will be like. If are squad has not been improved (which I'm sure it will be) by the end of the window then I would be worried but I won't be really concerned until we see a decline in results.

Off the pitch we are far better off than we have been in a long time and have a lot to be proud of.

Yep over the moon, 6th best club out of 92 in the english leagues.

Also you think we have it bad I have to listen to geordies spout on about the mess there club.

Stability is the key