Are you a happy Villa Fan at the moment?

rsjg80

Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?  

480 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Happy Villan at the moment?

• Yes
    • No

Not overly happy. Disappointed with the lack of progress made in the transfer window so far, and also concerned that MON seems to be persisting with a 442 formation which is not bearing fruit after 6 months of been using it. I am very concerned about the last few months of last season and also the poor start we have made to preseason. Surely we should have had the players here by now to work with the current squad giving the most amount of time to settle in?

Not overly happy. Disappointed with the lack of progress made in the transfer window so far, and also concerned that MON seems to be persisting with a 442 formation which is not bearing fruit after 6 months of been using it. I am very concerned about the last few months of last season and also the poor start we have made to preseason. Surely we should have had the players here by now to work with the current squad giving the most amount of time to settle in?

I was borderline neutral but as you say, watching the Malaga match I think he's learnt nothing about our strengths and weaknesses to a baffling extent

could be worse. we could have spent over £100 million on players and still lose to kaizer chiefs!

In a friendly ! I am sure Mark Hughes is shitting himself

At the end of the day we're Aston Villa, we're not going to win anything for years. Heck, we may never win anything ever again.

If we supported Villa for the winning, we wouldn't be supporting them.

In a strange way, I miss the shit days. At least there wasn't this 'expectancy' then. You could get up on a Saturday, go watch a drab match of football which we would most likely lose, back home in the evening, waiting for the next game.

If you support Aston Villa because you want them to win the Premiership or European Cup - you're wasting your time.

Could be worse. You could be like me and live within miles of the richest club in the world and the all time Premiership champions and three time European Cup winners. :lol: . Doesn't bother me though, I'm Villa till I die! :D

Jas is spot on, you should check out the Burnley forums, a bunch of cheery happy fans who expect little beyond having some great away days at grounds they haven't seen in yonks. Not a whole lot of expectancy beyond cheering the boys and hoping for the odd good result, a far, far cheerier lot than on here, the contrast is dramatic.

cheers, G

....Right now no.

but circumstances change so quickly...... which makes us fickle.

....not much changed in 12 months then.... i feel much the same now.

If your not a happy Villa fan fan right now then I dread to think what state you were in 4 years ago.

Funnily enough I felt pretty much the same then as I do now. Feeling like it was one step forwards and two back. Yes I'm aware we consolidated our position of 6th in the league last season but this coming season will be alot tougher with some sides stengthening fairly significantly. I am still having trouble getting over a disasterous second half to last season during which, frankly, was relegation form.

Replacing our captain and vice-captain with players of equal or better quality would go a long way to boosting my morale. Also, dropping this damn 442 formation and playing to our strengths would help a bit instead of desperately trying to find a place for Emile Heskey in the starting XI

• 2 years later...
I know its an old thread but I'll answer anyway.

I don't think not happy is the best expression, maybe concerned would be a better way of describing it.

We have lost two of our best players and a good squad player, the squad looks weaker than last year with the rumoured replacements not top quality, I am not convinced we can compete with the clubs around us and feel sure we will move backwards next season and will be lucky to finish in the top eight.

Richard, positive predictions as ever I see!

We finished 6th.

Well this is a **** depressing thread.

Amazing how many people were unhappy in those days. Imagine if Lerner had done the same thing as Levy did with Modric and held on to Milner, Young and Downing?

No.

There are very few positives for me at the minute and those positives I can take are swamped by many more negatives, for me at least.

I was not happy with AM being appointed. I am not happy that we now see mid table as a decent position to finish in considering a couple of yrs ago we were on the brink of breaking the top 4. I am not happy that we sold two of our best players in the summer and did not replace them properly.

The worst is that I cant see things improving. What have we seen or heard that indicates that we are improving, really? We play terrible football and this hasnt with any consistancy got better. We have a small sqaud with a distinct lack of depth in quality and I cant see this changining much as it looks like we will have to sell in order to buy and the only players that would generate cash are those few that we really cannot afford to sell. I cant see us replacing AM so the future is bleak as far as I am concerned.

It is the first day back at work today so im on a downer anyway but the above is really how I feel. It just seems that over the last couple of years we have declined as other sides have improved and we are now just not able to compete where we would like to in the league. Maybe I just need to accept that and I would if Randy came out and said it and explained why.

To be honest,

I was a big fan of MON, despite the players he bought, the wages he paid, blah, blah, blah. It was still MON that gave us some of the best football we have seen for a good few years at Villa Park.

In answer to the topic question, my answer would be a resounding NO, I am NOT a happy Villa fan at the moment..

I suppose I really should have gotten over MON by now, but I always think what could have been, if the club had done things (financially) different with him.

To be honest,

I was a big fan of MON, despite the players he bought, the wages he paid, blah, blah, blah. It was still MON that gave us some of the best football we have seen for a good few years at Villa Park.

In answer to the topic question, my answer would be a resounding NO, I am NOT a happy Villa fan at the moment..

I suppose I really should have gotten over MON by now, but I always think what could have been, if the club had done things (financially) different with him.

We tried though. We offered him the option of transfer funds once he had sorted out his massive wage bill. But he had a strop and gave up. We weren't going to be an unlimited supply of money for him, there has to be a line in the sand somewhere. But I do think if we stood firm on the Milner sale and said no MON might have stayed.

yesterday against swansea was horrific to watch and im still very annoyed about it. However i haven't celebrated or enjoyed a win like i did with the win against chelsea for quite some time.

In a way the lows make the highs even better.

In many ways thats the appeal of football for me, there is always the next game and you never know what might happen!