Unai Emery

PeterSw

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Funny the criticism he gets from the outside is that he isnt an attacking coach and too pragmatic

F the lot of em

HE’S THE BEST!!

• Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emery talking in his post match about developing Konsa's abilities as the right sided CB of the 3 x CBs (ie: right back tucking in).

I wonder if he see's Konsa's future mainly in that role going forward, as in we have the attacking left back, and the Pau/Carlos/Konsa back 3 when we go forward, or whatever variation of players in that 3.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Statue is over doing it, BUT something should be done for him.

Well maybe a fan could set up a go fundme for him. And if we could raise a grand there is a small vinyard  outside his home town. Perhaps a few cases of case villa unai in his name.

I think it would mean a lot to him if he knew it was from the fans.

Edited by colhint
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Well maybe a fan could set up a go fundme for him. And if we could raise a grand there is a small vinyard  outside his home town. Perhaps a few cases of case villa unai in his name.

I think it would mean a lot to him if he knew it was from the fans.

not a bad idea. You want to give him something physical, not money but a statue as it is too far.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

not a bad idea. You want to give him something physical, not money but a statue as it is too far.

I would happily give him a rusty trombone

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Nah.

Statue.

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Lifetime contract please. 

We'll never get another manager like him, and he's a wonderful human being too. Enjoy him! 

I think I've got a different idea. Rather than a lifetime contract, he probably wouldn't want that, he may want to manage Spain one day how about a 3 year rolling contract. So he's always got 3 years employment. And if anyone wants him they are going to have to pay big bucks. 

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nah.

Statue.

But the club would pay for that, if he knew it was from just from fans, well that would be pretty rare in sport. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I love you Unai Emery, you have been a class act from day one. Absolutely class

I just think back to that first european game where he put in our other squad members and expected them to perform. They didn't, but that is what he expected, and he has never changed. Had he not done that then I am convinced we'd have 6-9 less points in the league due to fatigue. Such a pro manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

4th in the league and only 5 points off the top. That is an outstanding achievement so far, I think we sometimes forget that, when we have the odd stutter like we did against Newcastle and Spurs. I know I do. 

What he has done in his tenure to date, is amazing. 

without being a Debbie Downer, the clubs above us have two games in hand.

It doesnt take away from the fact that Emery is the King tho.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

without being a Debbie Downer, the clubs above us have two games in hand.

It doesnt take away from the fact that Emery is the King tho.

Makes you wonder if we had been lucky with injury’s this year and had a full squad throughout what may have been 

• Like 1

Ok, so I did some maths. I was curious about just how consistent Villa have been under Unai, since he took over. I don't like looking at win percentage stats as they ignore those oh so precious points that you get from a draw. It makes them look like losses.

Anyway, last season, under Unai, we earned 15 wins and 4 draws out of 25 league games. That's 49 out of 75 points - 65% with a total goal ratio of 40:26

In the cups we did poorly, losing both games. 0%

Using the same points system for cups as the league, that means 49 out of 81 points for the whole season - 60%

That's mighty impressive in your first season, taking over just before Christmas. So how does this season compare?

So far this season we have earned 18 wins and 5 draws from 30 league games. That's 59 out of 90 points - 66% with a total goal ratio of 62:42 (scaled down to compare to last season, that would be a total goal ratio of 52:35)

We are in 3 cup competitions this season and have won 8 and drawn 3 out of 14 games. That's the equivalent of 27 out of 42 points - 64%

In total, this season so far, we have won 26 and drawn 8 out of 44 games. That's the equivalent of 86 out of 132 points - 65%

So in conclusion, last season, with the exception of 2 cup games, Unai and Villa earned 65% of the available points. This season we have again earned 65% of the available points. The main difference is that we are both scoring and conceding more goals this season (30% more goals scored and 35% more conceded in the same number of games). Therefore I would predict we earn 65% of the points from our last 8 games in the league, which would be another 15-16 points. If nothing else, it shows how consistently successful we have been under Unai's guidance.

• Like 1

Â