Unai Emery

PeterSw

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I have zero concerns, the owners have set up Unai with the best environment to thrive and be comfortable in. He won’t get this amount of freedom and control at a club like that, this is a long term project for him and he wants to have success with us… we are building something special.

Unai can draw on past experiences too…

I don’t think he chases the money/glory either, he has such passion and enjoyment for the game… 

I hope that is right. 

I think Unai would like to achieve a few things here before perhaps moving on in future, and that would be to the very elite clubs ala Real Madrid.

The club are giving him a full set up here to push us on - it's working well for us but it's a good arrangement for him too and I don't think he would give it up too readily, particularly not before he has achieved a few goals e.g. silverware and a decent standard of European competition. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 29/06/2023 at 21:08, 7392craig said:

I have a wish that Emery could be our Wenger and stay for years. I hate the rigmarole of finding a new manager, signing ‘his players’, give him a pre season etc etc. I just want some long term stability.

Totally agree. Us fans probably have the biggest role to play in that, as tough times will come as they always do, and we have to stick with him and trust the long term process.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/07/2023 at 18:00, sne said:

i remember seeing that, or a version of it, a few weeks ago and thinking, Emery has got almost max potential out of this squad since he has been here, and we will need defensive, and especially attacking upgrades, defo attacking upgrades.

• Like 1

Â