Unai Emery

PeterSw

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The argument you'll sometimes see, is him not achieving things akin to the likes of Pep Guardiola.

This obviously makes no sense, the like sof Pep have always managed the best teams, the best squads with the best resources. ( Not taking anything from Pep either)

Whilst Unai Emery has consistently had lower to mid table teams/squads over achieving.

There could even be an argument that given time with more resources he is at minimum on their level or even better 

You could argue he had that chance with PSG, but here's the thing for me - Unai seems to be a builder that requires control and, for want of a better word, obedient players - not prima donnas. Telling comment from the Athletic interview was that he likes to build but at Arsenal you first had to knock the walls down. PSG was probably a horribly overbearing - win immediately - situation, and I just don't think it's for him.

This is why I think we're a match made in heaven - we have resources, we're elated he's come to us, the board sought him out and trust him, the players were starving for world class coaching and are drinking it up and responding well. He can build. And the fans seem to universally love him. He'll feel that. Arsenal fans strike we as deluded, entitled, chippy loud mouths who ultimately hounded him out with the help of the equally obnoxious, London-centric media. We're not and we're hardly mentioned by that same press, so he can just get about his work for now.

• Like 2

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Yikes, he ain't dossin about!

" I don't want to waste time here " 💀

" The time is now "

This is a rallying cry, I hope they don't let him down.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Eddie on Unai:

Eddie Howe 🗣️

“It doesn’t hurt knowing I was the backup plan because I was up against Unai Emery. He’s an idol to me, hopefully one day I can win just half the amount of trophies that he has. I’m just so thankful he turned the job down, I don’t know who else would have taken me”

I've only just realised this is a joke quote 😂

42 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I've only just realised this is a joke quote 😂

There was an additional quote I saw, saying something like " We have had to change our approach, Unai has woken up a sleeping giant, for the first time this season, me and the players are nervous "

I then realised someone was puttin out the posts as a piss take ffs 🤦🏿‍♂️😂

Probably should have realised when he said " he's my idol ".

So they got me 😂

• Haha 1

Manager of the season hands down. To take over a broken team that was going down under the clearing in the woods to over 50 points and a potential top 6 finish

Not to mention has transformed Watkins into one of the leagues deadliest strikers. Miracle worker

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Manager of the season hands down. To take over a broken team that was going down under the clearing in the woods to over 50 points and a potential top 6 finish

Not to mention has transformed Watkins into one of the leagues deadliest strikers. Miracle worker

I agree. Howe will probably get it but really it should go to Unai if we keep this up. The job he has done so far dwarfs all others.

Â