Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

After stating what he wanted, he has to be miffed 

That's my guess too, hopefully he's miffed at the January window more broadly, as a concept, rather than miffed at the club for how we've handled it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

As it looks like U.E. is having problems getting the "right"players, could we possibly sign a couple of players on loan ?  When does the loan window end ?

Same as transfer window as I recall. 11pm tonight.

11 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Deadwood out - players identified but won't mortgage the future to get them (of couuuuuurse).

Unai's around for the long haul, not just a flash in the pan signing to excite the crowd.

Yep. I would rather he was king of the training pitch than the sales pitch 

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's my guess too, hopefully he's miffed at the January window more broadly, as a concept, rather than miffed at the club for how we've handled it. 

my sentiments entirely.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep. I would rather he was king of the training pitch than the sales pitch 

trouble is, we need both....maybe why, its been mooted about another DOF.

20 hours ago, Condimentalist said:

One thing I will say about Unai is that I think this window has shown he has the clubs interests at heart and is here for the long term. 

Accepting the sale of a senior player because it was a good offer for the club, recalling loan players to get value and have a look at them, not forcing the leadership to pay over the odds to get his own players in or fill the squad.

The contrast with Gerrard is obvious - but even with our most succesful recent Premier League manager (MON) it was all about the personal glory of winning at all costs and **** the club and the long term. 

Unai definitely has the power to demand players in - and the board has the money - but the fact that he hasn't forced it augurs well for how he sees this project. 

We are in good hands with this man. 

Superb post and a great point. Given how the club spanked money up the wall with Gerrard, there looks to have been a collective agreement to be more careful (or less wasteful), and its surely been supported / agreed with, or even proposed by Emery.

I already loved him, it only makes sense to believe he's here to save us from ourselves and guide us to the promised land.

• Like 1

Â