Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

Emery need to take the blame for me. Honeymoon period over 

Why? Tactics fine. Selection fine. Players were totally dog shit and didn’t even try. Time to stop deflecting the blame and bin the whole **** lot of them. 

• Like 2

We've known for a long time that we have serious mental issues that long predate Emery. And as others have said, not his fault the waster scum on the pitch played like shit.

I hope he's ruthless.

Edited by Mantis

No point blaming Emery. Man's a proven, established winner unlike none of these wastes of space players bar Dibu. I'd rather **** them all off and give him a few years to build in his image tbh and if still bad then he can be blamed.

• Like 1

Just now, Enda said:

It’s not on Unai until he’s had at least one transfer window.

Of course it's on him. He's played two weakened teams in the cups, including one of the worst keepers we've ever had. Today he left Biley on when it was clear he was having an absolute shocker. All on him, his fault. Useless.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mantis said:

We've known for a long time that we have serious mental issues that long predate Emery.

It's disappointing though.

We looked decent in his first 4-5 games and get wins off some teams who are well in form like Man. United and Brighton. We then go to Spurs who aren't doing so well but still comfortably beat a top 6 team.

From that we shouldn't verge so wildly to a really poor 70 minutes v a bottom half team and then this today. It's really not acceptable to have these extremes of performance and that's why we're never much in the shake up for europe or silverware anymore.

Leeds will be fancying their chances on Friday so we need a response now just to keep the league season mildly interesting but today is a big blow and we've never been good dealing with setbacks like this in recent times.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Put it this way if this was Gerrard imagine the abuse he would get.  This is embarrassing and Emery has a lot to sort our with this bunch of losers. 

What do the stevenage players earn compared to ours. This shouldn't even have been a contest 

Gerrard at least put out our strongest 11 at Bolton and eventually we won convincingly so that's a lesson for next season.

Emery is a solid B + for league results so far, very much in D category for the two cup games. 

Just now, Farlz said:

It's on the players and the manager. 

The keep Cash deep and have Aug push was very strange and there was a clear tactical instruction to keep the ball at all costs and not put crosses in. That resulted in a massive shit attacking performance. A very shit day from everyone, no one gets excluded (except Sanson tbf).

We have gone from crossing too much under Gerrard to not crossing at alm under Unai .  That 5 min spell in the second half where we had the ball all the time and it went to augustinsson probably 10 tines and 10 tines it was recycled back into the centre. I nearly smashed the tv with the control 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I can see I need to leave this board for a bit and, if we hound out Emery, the club entirely. We finally, finally have a good manager. Give him 2 years to clear out all this shit and build a squad. Fail to give him time to do that then j give up 

He receives credit for getting these players to beat Man Utd at home after nearly 30 years.

He receives shit for losing to Stevenage.

It’s completely fair.

• Like 4

Hopefully now we should see a much needed clear out , we will have to take a big hit in the pocket both in sales and loaned outs wages but 🤞we see some incoming and use of youth players going forward with UE

1 minute ago, holteend1982 said:

Can't blame emery at all, the team was good enough to win and was heading that way until dendonker decided to make some crazy decision. Would have loved a cup run and I'm sure emery would have too. 

Who picked the team? Who keeps picking Olsen despite him letting in shit goals in nearly every game? Who kept Bailey on today despite him not doing anything right all game, or indeed for several games now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I can see I need to leave this board for a bit and, if we hound out Emery, the club entirely. We finally, finally have a good manager. Give him 2 years to clear out all this shit and build a squad. Fail to give him time to do that then j give up 

I agree. I'm angry tonight. **** livid. But so will Unai be. He's just learned how rotten this team is, and I'd support him sacking half of the off so he can start again. I wouldn't care if we let literally everyone go and started again

Aston Villa is a diseased club used to failure.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

No one is hounding him out.

It would be good though not just to keep on meekly accepting 3rd round exits though. We actually haven't won an FA cup tie since April 2015 now which is staggering.

We need to be better at being more ruthless with personnel. Last season we had so many poor performances from January and yet the same team was largely picked week after week.

Can't see the point with giving endless chances for Coutinho given he was on the periphery against league 2 team today. Bailey was terrible so needs to be taken out of the team for his own good and Cash I think gets the feeling Emery dosen't rate him a huge amount so those three won't be starting much in coming months.

Â