Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

Bouba and Sanson hyped for Digne after he scored that free kick was special. 

I noticed this. So good to see. Brought a smile to my face. Sanson in particular was buzzing. I've noticed in a few training ground clips that they seem to walk out together. They're obviously close.
I hope Sanson gets a run out in the cup this Thursday. I think him and Kamara could play really well together. 

• Like 3

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I noticed this. So good to see. Brought a smile to my face. Sanson in particular was buzzing. I've noticed in a few training ground clips that they seem to walk out together. They're obviously close.
I hope Sanson gets a run out in the cup this Thursday. I think him and Kamara could play really well together. 

They were biased and celebrated extra hard because Digne is French B)

45 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Gerrard said chelsea should be wiping the floor with us at villa park.

Emery's first game he wipes the floor with utd breaking a 27 year old curse. 

Levels.

Disgusting quote.

Gerrard should have been hammed by the media for saying this.

Unbelievable how protected he is. I just don't get it.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It still haven't sunk it to me that he is our manager.

It's insane that Nassef managed to pull this off

Get over yourself. We're Aston Villa. Emery is lucky to be here! He better keep this form up.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Disgusting quote.

Very strange quote, I said at the time and it proved right that it was the last act of a desperate man… he was as good as gone then! 

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

against Manure, 90 minutes gone, 6 mins remaining, we literally held on to the ball, passed it around, and to at least some degree tried to control the final 6 ish minutes.

You have to wonder if we could have beaten, or at least drawn with, City in the last match last year if we had tried doing more of that...

• Like 1

Great clip of him on YouTube called Emery cam, really entertaining. He strikes me as one of them rare managers who has the ability to instil trust in the club's supporters.  The last manager we had who done that was the great Ron Saunders. I remember when he let Gray and Gidman leave who were both loved by the fans, but as gutted as we were to see them go, you always felt like Ron knew best, and he proved that he did. If Emery can emulate half of the success that Saunders brought us, we'll be happy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

Great clip of him on YouTube called Emery cam, really entertaining. He strikes me as one of them rare managers who has the ability to instil trust in the club's supporters.  The last manager we had who done that was the great Ron Saunders. I remember when he let Gray and Gidman leave who were both loved by the fans, but as gutted as we were to see them go, you always felt like Ron knew best, and he proved that he did. If Emery can emulate half of the success that Saunders brought us, we'll be happy. 

I just watched the "Emery Cam" on the OS of him during the match, it's 7 minutes, maybe it's the same video. It's remarkable, I've never seen a manager's touchline performance like it (not even from Klopp, for example)... So much energy and so many instructions/gestures to the players (a lot of which I just don't understand but hopefully they do! Lol). As someone posted yesterday, like a conductor conducting their orchestra.

• Like 3

The one thing I will say about his time at both Arsenal and Villareal recently is to allow some leeway and patience against the bottom sides.

His style of play and management is great at cups and against top sides as underdogs, but I wonder if he has learned from his times at Arsenal and Villareal on better game management against the bottom sides. It will take some time for us to adjust to having the ball and being crisp and clinical in the final third. Then again, that is tough for almost all teams outside of City and Arsenal right now.

But I will at least enjoy our matches as a counter-attacking team (which is how the team should be primarily based on our transfer strategy) and giving all the top sides a right go.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TomC said:

You have to wonder if we could have beaten, or at least drawn with, City in the last match last year if we had tried doing more of that...

That would have required some coaching 😜

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

The one thing I will say about his time at both Arsenal and Villareal recently is to allow some leeway and patience against the bottom sides.

His style of play and management is great at cups and against top sides as underdogs, but I wonder if he has learned from his times at Arsenal and Villareal on better game management against the bottom sides. It will take some time for us to adjust to having the ball and being crisp and clinical in the final third. Then again, that is tough for almost all teams outside of City and Arsenal right now.

But I will at least enjoy our matches as a counter-attacking team (which is how the team should be primarily based on our transfer strategy) and giving all the top sides a right go.

Excellent post.

7 minutes ago, robby b said:

I just watched the "Emery Cam" on the OS of him during the match, it's 7 minutes, maybe it's the same video. It's remarkable, I've never seen a manager's touchline performance like it (not even from Klopp, for example)... So much energy and so many instructions/gestures to the players (a lot of which I just don't understand but hopefully they do! Lol). As someone posted yesterday, like a conductor conducting their orchestra.

What struck me was the togetherness, and that's just the first game. It really does feel like hand in glove. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Disgusting quote.

He is gone now. On a positive, we only had to put up with Gerrard's poor management for 12 months, he has to put up with it for the rest of his career.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

And give a bunch of monkeys with typewriters enough time and they will randomly write the complete works of Shakespeare. 

Well, at least with SG finally gone, hopefully we're past the blurst of our times

It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times?! : r/TheSimpsons

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, robby b said:

Are you sure about that ?

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Â