Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad they aint made a big deal of this captaincy issue. Gerrard made such a big **** mess of it. Emery done right thing no drastic changes keep it as it is.

Cant wait to see carlos under him. I think he will be  a massive emery player

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I like his response to the captaincy question, it shows he's not going to change for change sake. 

Yup! and hopefully he leaves the current captain on the bench!

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

I like his response to the captaincy question, it shows he's not going to change for change sake. 

Does that mean Emi keeps the armband?

Or….. McGinn…😬

I didn’t think any of us have any idea how we are going to be lining up and who will be playing… intriguing…

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Has VT been really laggy for anyone else recently?

The last week, or maybe more, the site is taking ages to load some pages and is laggy as heck, not seeing the same issue with other sites, so it must be VT and not my browser/internet etc.

Maybe more ppl online recently!?

There were rumours of a bot farm in Small Heath, although unlikely they have enough staff to do this kind of damage

Going back to Unai. I do feel a bit sorry for him with his English. It's actually pretty good, and he gets his point across, but now it's a "thing" you know it'll be the first thing he gets hammered for when we have a bad spell.

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So where’s the pre match presser then? 🤷‍♂️

Thought we’d be hearing a lot more from him tbh.

No big deal, he and the players have got work to do!

Can't really see what questions/answers we'd expect from it anyway. He's only just arrived. Let him have a tinker on Sunday and then we can hear from him.

33 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

This is very simple for me. He’s a world class coach. If this doesn’t work out it will be one of ( A ) The players he has to work with aren’t good enough 

( B ) He won’t of been backed. 

Spot on. He clearly had the backing of the owners and I think he’ll get the backing of the fans. 

Football fans get so much stick sometimes, apparently we’re all an impatient bunch of so and so’s, and it’s simply not true. 

We want to see improvement, and we want to believe in the project. I won’t talk about about previous managers but there were always question marks. With Emery there is none, the bloke is world class. So I think/hope that fans will be happy with steady improvement and give him the time he needs. World class he might be but you don’t take a 16th placed into Europe in 5/6 months. 

Not sure it’s sunk in that we have Emery. Guys an absolute winner. Just looks right in the photos - especially standing on the pitch with the Holte behind him. Please let us break the pattern and properly kick on now. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

This is very simple for me. He’s a world class coach. If this doesn’t work out it will be one of ( A ) The players he has to work with aren’t good enough 

( B ) He won’t of been backed. 

You can stop at (A). He will definitely be backed.

• Like 3

Â