Unai Emery

PeterSw

Even with this appointment there is no plan involved.

Smith, Gerrard and Emery has nothing in common as coaches. Completely different all of them who demands a different type of player.

It's not like the board has a style of play in mind and recruit based on that. Just going by his Wikipedia page pretty much and hope he fixes us.

If he turns it around I'll be over the moon but if yet another manager fails we need to look elsewhere for our failure. Mainly towards Purslow and the owners.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst away team in the division in my opinion. That's now no shows at Bournmouth, Fulham, Palace, Newcastle and not much better at Leeds (Against 10 men) & Forest either in all honesty. At home we are not too bad really...... but away?! Diabolical quite frankly. You could see, even in that first half, that the incisive play was not on the same level as against Brentford. The forwards were once again not finding each other ond wasting plenty of decent positions with poor play. The final ball was back to attrocious Villa, the sluggish thinking was back too....What happened to that vibrant, quick play we saw last game?  Bizarre!

As for the second half, well clearly their manager spotted our weaknesses & focussed on them & we did nothing about it until 3-0 down. That's sadly on Danks for me, it was clear to see way before we went 2 down that Buendia was off it & needed hauling and that he needed to change something to counter their half time rethink. None of this happened until the game was over.

Yet another awful day.

Good luck to Unai, My gosh he's gonna need it with this lot.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did anyone have a half decent performance? Barring mings and bailey everyone else looked shite.

Pathetic  way to bring the new manager in. Way to go to destroy the positivity that was built last week.

Dog shit

Bailey didn't look shite? He overdid it almost every time he had it.

39 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Smith, Gerrard and Emery has nothing in common as coaches. Completely different all of them who demands a different type of player.

It's not like the board has a style of play in mind and recruit based on that. Just going by his Wikipedia page pretty much and hope he fixes us.

If he turns it around I'll be over the moon but if yet another manager fails we need to look elsewhere for our failure. Mainly towards Purslow and the owners.

Best manager we could have signed, hes got top 4 written all over him. As for his wiki page........are you for real? Newcastle threw the sink at him and couldn't get him yet he's come to us, give him 12 months as see where we are.   

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

We spanked Brentford 4-0 who are ahead of us and then got manhandled by a champions league contending team. We’re somewhere in between all that. This squad will be fine and they’re more than capable of enjoying the comforts of midtable.

Table looks terrible at the moment, we are 1 point above relegation spots, but we are also just 3 points off 11th .

All is not lost yet.

Due to our terrible start, shock results were always going to be needed.

Hopefully this is the year we turn over Man U.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Tuesday will be the beginning of something new and exciting. 

Let’s leave todays result where it belongs and move forward with our new head coach and backroom staff.

He will have time to drill his ways into our team before the transfer window.

Now is a time to be positive and move on.

Let's hope!

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

You’re right about the board wanting to ”act big” and going all-in on whatever strategy someone says they should have this month.

But, a lot of clubs are like that. Even Newcastle. They tried to appoint Emery and when he said no, turned to the very different Howe - and it worked.

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Table looks terrible at the moment, we are 1 point above relegation spots, but we are also just 3 points off 11th .

All is not lost yet.

Very little is still needed to climb the table. The worrying thing is we’ve wasted many of the more winnable games, and are up against some difficult ones now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All is not lost yet.

Again 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

This is a popular concept bandied about by media and fans, but other than a few select clubs, most clubs just go for the best available manager. Just look at all the clubs Jose Mourinho has been at - most of them have had totally different types of managers before and after his arrival.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

Well he's signed up for a relegation battle. I hope today has shown him the problems that need to be improved on, otherwise relegation is a very very real possibility. Crazy to have to say this.

Emery isnt thick - no way he takes this job unless he knows he can turn it around.

By now he will know everything there is to know about the whole squad.

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Unai or bust for me.  If he can't stabilize us, then I give up.  Not on the club, but dreams of grandeur.

Same for me.

In a way I think today is good for us supporters mentally (at least me). This is going to be tough and if a manager with his record isn’t able to turn this round longish term then what’s the point?

We’ve got a better squad than Newcastle, Emery will get us top half this season and Europe next probably.

But even if it’s 17th this season he should still be given time. This time we can genuinely say “who can they get that’s better?”

• Like 1

Â