Unai Emery

PeterSw

10 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

There is your first mistake. There are in my experience many with <0.5 brains in every walk of life. 

🤣 I just meant that those with a brain and a modicum of sense will back him.

Can’t speak for the others 🤣

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will be interesting this Jan & coming summer, Emery must have a very deep understanding of the Spanish market, i wonder if we might go for some spanish gems/youth/younger players, or just some Spanish based players who Emery knows inside out.

Gonna be interesting times.

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Vote's going to be brutal on McGinn but maybe he'll welcome the relief of not having to wear the armband anymore.

i wonder if it would be Martinez or Mings.

tbh, one should be captain, the other vice, whichever way around it is.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i wonder if it would be Martinez or Mings.

tbh, one should be captain, the other vice, whichever way around it is.

I don't think it'll matter too much either way. If UE wants them to select the captain, then clearly the players will back whoever it is.

The issue with Gerrard was handpicking McGinn, who is not captain material, and then dragging Mings down as well.

Luckily, UE seems to realize that he's a manager of the team, not an extension of the team. Can't go out there and strike the ball for them - need to put them in the best positions to succeed - and that includes the dressing room.

12 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Vote's going to be brutal on McGinn but maybe he'll welcome the relief of not having to wear the armband anymore.

Going to be one of them comedy votes isn't it

Steery McSteerface to be the captain

12 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I don’t think McGinn’s good enough and don’t see where he fits in going forwards… I could be proved wrong, of course, but I don’t think he’s worthy of a place in the side even atm. The technically superior players that can pass and retain the ball well are and will be a priority, I should think.

Never mind the captaincy…

John’s just not good enough and we have better in attacking areas… I would have no qualms about his time being up here.

But… we’ll see. Unai will bring the best out of these players… again, I’m really interested to see who he does and doesn’t rate… and in which areas he will strengthen, starting in January…

• Like 2

I'm hoping that, based on the squad we have, whilst obviously instilling his disciplined methods, he will also allow them to attack.

I'd love to see more of what we saw the other day.

I have a feeling he may have had input on that setup and performance the other day, whilst Danks also had his input.

I hope Danks stays, and has input too.

More Great minds will see better results IMO.

Changing captain again and especially mid season smacks of dressing room disharmony, but given it is done under a fresh slate, maybe it isn't as negative as it feels from the outside?

Emery hasn't said a word but all the rumours about scouting, application and so on. Feels good man.

50 minutes ago, Gompedyret said:

As much as the thought of having an UE directed shopping spree excites me, I have to admit that my immediate interest will be to see the difference Emery can make for the exisisting team.

Our squad is full of talented, exciting players which, for varying reasons haven't gotten out what many rightfully was hoping to see, and as time has passed with nothing much to show in terms of convincing, fun football, this has been far too easy to forget.

Let Emery's man management abilities shine and what should come out of it is waste improvement in a lot of areas: physically, technically, mentally as well as tactically and the ability to play to each other's strengths instead of the opposite.

Trying very hard not to getting ahead of myself, but this batch of players, spiced up with a youngster or two, might very well be an absolute revelation both collectively and individually. The capacity for good European league class football is there already, I'm convinced of that.

Let the good times begin!

I just want to see this team in a 4-2-3-1 with Bouba/Dougie double pivot and Buendia as the 10 under Emery. That alone will be satisfying for a good while.

• Like 2

Â