Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

What about Howe then?

Newcastle was in an absolute mess when he took over.

Not even sure they had won a game yet and they were dead on confidence.

Yes things will take time but we should expect to see improvements straight away.

Like I say, Howe never won a game until January 2022 and the window opened.

He bought in some good defensive players and transformed the confidence.....that has now been built upon, with good coaching, too.

Newcastle initially had some good players, but just couldn't stop conceding, they have built on that now, and additional enhancements like Guimares, are transforming them.

UE has to be given time, but sure hopefully little shoots of recovery, will be identified as we progress.

2 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

You might be able to see from Sundays game.  He picked the team imo

Delighted if that’s true… I want to see Buendia as the creative fulcrum of our side and the double pivot is just…

spacer.png

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

All this talk of big gaping holes is making me paranoid.

As if someone's hacked into my laptop.

just my rhetoric shaun.....I didn't really see anyone improving.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

He bought in some good defensive players and transformed the confidence.....that has now been built upon, with good coaching, too.

Newcastle initially had some good players, but just couldn't stop conceding, they have built on that now, and additional enhancements like Guimares, are transforming them.

UE has to be given time, but sure hopefully little shoots of recovery, will be identified as we progress.

They beat Burnley on 4th December.  They also played Arsenal, Leicester, Liverpool and Man City in quick succession before January.

Thankfully the defense UE has inherited is nowhere near as bad as the one Howe inherited.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

What do you expect from him then this season?

12 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Just feel like this is the step we needed to take to become a “serious” football club again…

Enough of the small measures, gambles and risks… 

It’s time to get cracking and become a competitive and formidable force in this league…

Everyone on board, a collective unit with credible and determined individuals with no lack of purpose and ability… led by an adept, experienced and highly skilled manager and head coach. Proper coaching and methods is what we’ve lacked more than anything and we couldn’t really ask for more right now…

It’s time for a united front.

Now is our time…

That's the dream. 

The fans are key to this. we have to give the new staff time. If we get hosed by man utd I can promise people will want him to be sacked! It needs to stop. This guy isn't a punt like Gerrard. He's the real deal, give him time to implement and mould a team 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

That's the dream. 

The fans are key to this. we have to give the new staff time. If we get hosed by man utd I can promise people will want him to be sacked! It needs to stop. This guy isn't a punt like Gerrard. He's the real deal, give him time to implement and mould a team 

This. 1000%

9 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

That's the dream. 

Yeah, his credentials alone are enough to shut me up for a couple of years. Give this man enough time and good things will come if we are prepared to wait.

Edited by daft

7 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

That's the dream. 

I can’t imagine there will be many (with half a brain) that will not back him… especially after almost a year of the shite we were served under SG… that will only have helped his cause…

We’re not expecting miracles… just a functioning, hardworking team that can produce positive performances and get results. I’m sure most of us realise that the “pieces need to be put in place” and that progress and success will take time…

There won’t be much pressure on him, not initially. I actually imagine that Unai will put more pressure on himself than anyone else will with his credentials, drive, determination and will to succeed/win. He’s not here to waste time or to learn on the job…

Don’t really care where we finish this season as long as we’re comfortable and secure… but aims will be high at the club and steps will be taken… expectations will be raised next season, especially if we look good but, again, Unai will himself be aiming high and trying to to do whatever he can to get us there - he knows what it takes. Been there, done that.

I just expect improvement because we were lost and it was dour and directionless under SG. No style, no identity, nothing to shout about basically. A lot was dismantled and destroyed but we’ve started the repair process now…

I never laid too much blame at the players, it was obvious that the biggest problem was the manager and now that problem has been solved or eradicated. It was a stupid decision and ended up being an utter disaster. Sunday was as much evidence as was needed (and wasn’t it lovely?!)…

The hope, optimism and enthusiasm is back now and that alone will do for now… it feels good.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I can’t imagine there will be many (with half a brain) that will not back him… especially after almost a year of the shite we were served under SG… that will only have helped his cause…

We’re not expecting miracles… just a functioning, hardworking team that can produce positive performances and get results. I’m sure most of us realise that the “pieces need to be put in place” and that progress and success will take time…

There won’t be much pressure on him, not initially. I actually imagine that Unai will put more pressure on himself than anyone else will with his credentials, drive, determination and will to succeed/win. He’s not here to waste time or to learn on the job…

Don’t really care where we finish this season as long as we’re comfortable and secure… but aims will be high at the club and steps will be taken… expectations will be raised next season, especially if we look good but, again, Unai will himself be aiming high and trying to to do whatever he can to get us there - he knows what it takes. Been there, done that.

I just expect improvement because we were lost and it was dour and directionless under SG. No style, no identity, nothing to shout about basically. A lot was dismantled and destroyed but we’ve started the repair process now…

I never laid too much blame at the players, it was obvious that the biggest problem was the manager and now that problem has been solved or eradicated. It was a stupid decision and ended up being an utter disaster. Sunday was as much evidence as was needed (and wasn’t it lovely?!)…

The hope, optimism and enthusiasm is back now and that alone will do for now… it feels good.

There is your first mistake. There are in my experience many with <0.5 brains in every walk of life. 

• Haha 2

Â