Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm on the fence with this 

ALOT of Managers and players in the PL have different accents.

People do impressions as a bit of banter sometimes?

I mean, we take the piss out of English people from different regions for example.

I think we are probably now being overly defensive simply because he's ours?

Impressions can be done with affection too surely?

FYI: I mean in general, I'm not referring to Farley.

Yeah but to my English ears that old "lets make fun of peoples class and those who live outside of London" really doesnt sit well either.

It hits a lot of old wounds related to class and regional bigotries within the UK. As someone with a fairly weird accent from a working class background its always bothered me for example. 

I just personally find cheap impressions of open mocking of peoples speech a bit mean spirited and not really very funny.

Someone further up mentioned good impressionists basically distill someones character into an insightful pastiche of the subject. 

Farley just puts on a "look at the silly scouser/foreigner" accent,  shouts a lot and takes cheap shots at Tyrone Mings.

Anyways folks can enjoy whatever they like of course. Just my 0.2c as to why I dont like Farley.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Overwhelmingly positive comments about Emery joining Villa. This one is somewhat negative. 

if a Europa Cup, Champions League Semis and a 7th place finish is failure, sign me up 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

Will any fans get annoyed when they refer to Aston Villa as “Emery’s Aston Villa”? 

doubt it, Emery is quite humble and it doesnt come across as egotistical or belittling to Villa imo.

"Gerrard's Aston Villa" did i think, cus Gerrard was so spunked over by his mates and the media.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, markc said:

Heard Gerrard was sacked on Thursday.

Started talking to Villa on Friday and Saturday

Sorted my backroom team out on Sunday

Began looking at houses on Monday

Saying goodbye to Villarreal on Tuesday

Welcome to villatalk Mr Craig David

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

He wasnt sacked because of his strong first season but because of the capitulation in his second season 

They were 8th and 8pts off a Champions League place with 2/3 of the season still to go. 

There were 4 draws in the 7 without a win. Sacked for 3 losses? Harsh in the extreme. 

Hardly a capitulation. Looking at his pedigree I would have expected him to turn it around. 

Arsenal ended up finishing 8th as well so they didn't improve any. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Overwhelmingly positive comments about Emery joining Villa. This one is somewhat negative. 

I'm hoping the likes of Danks, or someone similar can have a day, and we find a balance of the pragmatic and attacking 

I don't actually knowuch about Villareal so couldn't comment of if the apparoach had anything to do with the squad or opposition.

Sometimes it does just go stale though 

If he could give us a a similar two years, I doubt there will be many complaints though!

Subtitles are in English (you might need to actually turn the subtitles on).

really interesting to hear it from Emery in his own words, he also talks a lot about why Arsenal wanted him, what they asked him to do, what he thought he was there to do etc.

Edited by MaVilla

Â