Unai Emery

PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Digne and Cash are certs. Probably Bednarek and Dendoncker too.

I forgot about Poland to be honest so yeah you're right on Cash and Bednarek.

I thought Digne was injured

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think most people say the phrase with a good intention. It's lovable. Much less hostile than "yeah course" that we threw at Gerrard just because he was from Liverpool. 

I am a foreigner in this country, and my family all have funny accents. I've dealt with xenophobia and laughing at things I say, but this is not it in my opinion. It's a warm catchphrase, at least in my own intentions and views.

But if you are not comfortable with it I get it. I just wouldn't be that harsh on it. 

I totally get you and appreciate your points - and from a mixed background also we all respond differently. I just think people like Lineker should Sue their platforms to educate, especially in the current climate. 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So how often has Emery won his first game in charge? Cos it would be incredible if he manages to beat Man United.

don't know where to find that info

Technically his first game is Man Utd but he will be heavily involved in the Newcastle preparations and will probably be at the ground giving instructions from the stands. 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think most people say the phrase with a good intention. It's lovable. Much less hostile than "yeah course" that we threw at Gerrard just because he was from Liverpool. 

I am a foreigner in this country, and my family all have funny accents. I've dealt with xenophobia and laughing at things I say, but this is not it in my opinion. It's a warm catchphrase, at least in my own intentions and views.

But if you are not comfortable with it I get it. I just wouldn't be that harsh on it. 

Yeah I must admit I didn't realise until yesterday that it was used to mock him. I thought it was an affectionate meme

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I just hope the players really buy into his ideas. 

If anyone kicks off, he only has to say 'how many trophies have you won', followed by 'if you do this you can add one'. 

Anyone dissenting after that can bugger off and be replaced by someone with the right attitude. 

Honestly I bet the players will be buzzing after the appointment. No professional footballer likes losing. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I must admit I didn't realise until yesterday that it was used to mock him. I thought it was an affectionate meme

I want to kiss the man and wish him a very good ebening from the bottom of my heart. 

Emery's claret and blue army!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

Complete opposite reaction to Gerrard appointment…🙄

Very excited and optimistic about Emery as Aston Villa manager 😁

The Villa link is so ironic….SeVilla, Villarreal…it’s written in the stars ✨ 

UTV 

💜💙

And his assistant manager has Villa in his name… just proves deep down he’s always loved the Villa.

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Technically his first game is Man Utd but he will be heavily involved in the Newcastle preparations and will probably be at the ground giving instructions from the stands. 

Doubt he'd be allowed to due to work permit. It would have to be secret squirrel. HMRC are buggers.

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If it really is work permit formalities that are stopping him starting then I imagine he won't be doing any of that as it could be a breach of work permit regulations

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Me too to be honest, I thought it was just a jokey meme, but to conflate someone’s ability to speak a foreign language with anything like ability, intellect, or… anything! Is just nonsense. We aren’t hiring him as an interpreter so I couldn’t careless if he was entirely mute as long as he wins us football games.

Edited by alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think both are the case for different people which has only served to blur the lines on the matter.

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Can’t believe Linekar did his own pathetic “good ebening” tweet. Glad he’s getting called out and ratioed for it

Comedy Genius.....but he didnt tweet Erm ya know for Stevie

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Be fair, Gerrard said ‘yeah course’ ALL the time 😁

Â