Unai Emery

PeterSw

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

Nope. Not jesting. Its not even funny. It's just offensive and ridiculous. 

As a secondary point, I'd be interested in people explaining why all the Stevie G 'eeeeeerrrm' stuff, which I thought was pretty juvenile tbh, and not really funny either, but by all accounts all over youtube and social media, is any different to this?

I think stuff like that is a pretty cheap shot all round tbh. 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I've read from multiple different fans of multiple different teams that he plays attractive, attacking football.

I just don't think he was given enough time at Arsenal. They had plenty of issues leading up to his hiring too, like others have mentioned. The few games I've seen of Villareal, they've certainly looked attractive.

2 minutes ago, supermon said:

Are we just trying to outdo the Conservative government, Truss resigns Gerrard resigns same day. Sunak gets PM job, Villa appoint Emery.

Like Villa saying **** the Tories!

And I think we can all get on board with that.

• Like 2

I'm happy with that appointment, its a tier below Pochettino and that calibre of manager but still a very good appointment who is more than ambitious enough for were we want to be for the forseeable future. Maybe this guy can get us into Europe and win it at some point, what a fantastic record he has in the Europa.

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

From an Arsenal fan I know:

I think he might do OK there. He thrives when he works with an underdog team who expect to have less than 50% possession. He doesn’t know how to coach vs. inferior teams who set up in a low block and shun possession. His whole coaching philosophy is based on countering the other team’s strength, but that doesn’t work very often at Arsenal or PSG.

He’ll do much better than Stevie G, but the football will be dull.

I live in Islington, all my Arsenal mates (and there are loads of them) cannot believe we’ve managed to pull this off. Arsenal have hide the highest of highs under Wenger. Unless it was Pep going in after, they were always going to be harsh judges. 

Of the names being thrown around he was my first choice. I hope Danks stays on and becomes his assistant.

Emery seems like a very good coach, and should be regarded as a bit of a coup for us.

Only hesitation is that my strongest memory of him at Arsenal was that he didn't speak English very well, he sounded like Manuel in Fawlty Towers 😄 perhaps it's better now! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

So nice to have:

• a decent team (when injury free)
  • a great manager
  • good owners

It’s been such a long time since we had all 3.

Its mad to be going out of a sacked manager and into a new exciting manager after that Brentford performance. Like you say, it's a decent team. We just lack consistency of good performances. Hopefully this is the guy to deliver.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

Are we just trying to outdo the Conservative government, Truss resigns Gerrard resigns same day. Sunak gets PM job, Villa appoint Emery.

Like Villa saying **** the Tories!

Just saw this. 

20.10.22: Truss leaves her post as PM

20.10.22: Steven Gerrard leaves his post as manager of Aston Villa

24.10.22: Rishi Sunak becomes PM

24.10.22: Unai Emery becomes the most important man in Britain

😅

Edited by av1

Just now, av1 said:

Just saw this. 

20.10.22: Truss leaves her post as PM 20.10.22: Steven Gerrard leaves his post as manager of Aston Villa

24.10.22: Rishi Sunak becomes PM 24.10.22: Unai Emery becomes the most important man in Britain

😅

Does that mean emery will also lose his job in 18 months time then?

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I just don't think he was given enough time at Arsenal. They had plenty of issues leading up to his hiring too, like others have mentioned. The few games I've seen of Villareal, they've certainly looked attractive.

Not to mention anyone following Wenger was always going to have a torrid time. Likewise with SAF at United.

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Its mad to be going out of a sacked manager and into a new exciting manager after that Brentford performance. Like you say, it's a decent team. We just lack consistency of good performances. Hopefully this is the guy to deliver.

We have a top 8 squad. We just need someone that actually knows football to lead them...

Don't care what some Arsenal fans think tbh.

Just look at these stats:

In Seville, he won three successive Europa League titles between 2013 and 2016 before going on to lift a Ligue 1 championship in France as well as two French Cups, two French League Cups and two Trophée des Champions.

Just now, Made In Aston said:

Does that mean emery will also lose his job in 18 months time then?

No, it means 

2024 - Emery takes Villa back in to Europe 

2024 - Labour take Britain back into Europe 

🤣

9 minutes ago, colhint said:

I just hope he has a bit of luck on the way. Villa this season didn't. I wasn't against Gerrard but it turned sour quickly. It wasn't his fault he lost his two big signings so quickly.

No, but persisting for months and months with a midfield which obviously (to everyone but him it seems) didn't work, certainly was.

• Like 1

Â