Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

Trusted sources close to Villarreal are saying we are definitely interested and they're waiting to see what Emery decides. He's considering us.

Local reporter confirming our interest but not much more than that at this stage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He might not be Poch but it's hard to not get excited when the other names in the ring are Frank and Dyche. 4 times Europa League winner? Sounds like someone we needed after MON left.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Last season only Atlético Madrid, Barcelona, and Real Madrid scored more than Villarreal, so his style of football can't be that defensive, it was the same the season before that as well, Villarreal fourth top scorers in the league.

His Sevilla team were also always amongst the top scorers in the league as well, one season third top scorers, and when he was Arsenal manager only Man City and Liverpool scored more.

2 minutes ago, AV82 said:

He might not be Poch but it's hard to not get excited when the other names in the ring are Frank and Dyche. 4 times Europa League winner? Sounds like someone we needed after MON left.

Objectively he’s won way more than Poch

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Poch would be very envious of Emerys medals. This is as top quality manager we could attract and isnt some Rafa type that was good 15 years ago

A Manager, who would command the respect of players, based on his actual Managerial achievements as well.

Ive started thinking this type of respect is more relevant and consistent in a dressing room, than say the respect a former player might get .

Or different at least.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A Manager, who would command the respect of players, based on his actual Managerial achievements as well.

Ive started thinking this type of respect is more relevant and consistent in a dressing room, than say the respect a former player might get .

Or different at least.

I think a big name ex player or a Sherwood type personality is good for a short term bouncw but players are professionals and want to improve

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Emery would be great in my opinion, I’m surprised if he does come and I would see it as a coup. My guess is he feels he has unfinished business in the PL. 

And Nassef is backing him to the hilt too I imagine (or hope) 

• Like 1