Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Just now, messi11 said:

Plays toilet football that brings results. Like Conte at Tottenham.
Wont be long before the Villa fans turn on him and go on about how bad his football is. Villa park will struggle to sell tickets. 

Villa fans turning on a manager that's getting results? Bollocks. Don't buy that at all. 

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

An hour ago you literally posted that Emery would be a good choice for us and you hope he sticks with the formation he plays at Villareal.

He did, didn't he? I thought I had dreamt it.

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Wont be long before the Villa fans turn on him and go on about how bad his football is. Villa park will struggle to sell tickets. 

Mate, you ok?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, messi11 said:

get some wins and a few places up the table and he'll be fine, the hope that he can do something in the cups and attract big name players in the summer will keep it going

i also think that there's an older generation of villa fans that if we set up on the counter and get it wide and fast they'll actually enjoy it, villa parks problem leans more towards not wanting death by a thousand passes 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, daft said:

Riskier than Ruben you reckon? I swear you liked Emery just the other day. I can't keep up. 

Both the same risk. Emery is just a bigger name because he's been in the media more.
Football wise I prefer Ruben. The thought of Emery ball puts me off once the honeymoon period of landing a big name manager is over

Emery will have the Arsenal chip on his shoulder and see the potential in Aston Villa to complete his " mission ".

This should be exciting to fans for a multitude of reasons.

He also obviously will have been sold the project, and guaranteed funds.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

An hour ago you literally posted that Emery would be a good choice for us and you hope he sticks with the formation he plays at Villareal.

I think I swayed him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The fact that the BBC are reporting that we're interested in Almiron likely means that a deal is close. There's never smoke without fire with the BBC.

Not sure if serious...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

The fact that the BBC are reporting that we're interested in Almiron likely means that a deal is close. There's never smoke without fire with the BBC.

He's in incredible form to be fair.

I'm surprised Howe has decided to let him go.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

is Emery not mostly a defensive/counter attacking type manager?

Is that what you guys would be happy with?

Emery is pragmatic, and I mean that in the literal sense of the word, not the football sense (defensive minded). That is to say he will play a system that plays to the strengths of the squad and tries to exploit the weaknesses of the opposition. He won’t cede control to the likes of Forest or Fulham. He will however, look to contain, shut up shop and play on the break against the likes of City.