Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

57 minutes ago, a m ole said:

One thing that is important for me is that they can pick teams from a big squad of players without a performance drop off. I don’t really buy ‘these 2 players don’t work together’ or whatever, it’s up to the management and coaching staff to use a squad and not have a first 11 then shoehorn players in when there’s injuries and suspensions. You’re always going to have injuries, you’re always going to miss out on a transfer target so get on with making the most of what you have. 

like I get Luiz McGinn Ramsey never worked well under Gerrard but it’s not an awful midfield, and shouldn’t have been as bad as it was.

It was bad in the system we played, and he never changed it. Kept picking the same three week in week out. He’s only himself to blame for losing his job.

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

It was bad in the system we played, and he never changed it. Kept picking the same three week in week out. He’s only himself to blame for losing his job.

That’s what I mean though, a good manager makes that a functional midfield.

On 22/10/2022 at 13:45, rodders0223 said:

At best it's bang average. It is not good. It's mostly players who were here for years when we was average.

You sure about that now? What I saw was a load of decent Premier League players being played in a system that didn’t suit them. The fact he never tried the obvious 4-2-3-1 which Danks has gone with here says it all really. Not surprised we’re seeing a lot of “bang average” players suddenly look quite useful again.

• Like 3

On 22/10/2022 at 10:27, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh mate, I hope you’re here all week because I really enjoyed that. 

I said the squad was good enough. 

I'm here all week, and I will enjoy it. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Well at least this performance will give NSWE some breathing space. They won’t need to rush an appointment before the World Cup now. 

I still think we need a proper manager asap.

Don't get me wrong Danks has done amazing and should be given a job for life but I remember Kevin McDonald winning then us losing 6 - 0 against Newcastle away or something. 

Strangely enough we have Newcastle next.

26 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Really enjoying all these posts saying the squad is shit. Pretty obvious where the problem was - and he’s no longer at the club

I’d given up on Gerrard a while back, but I also started to doubt the abilities of the players.  Obviously today makes me look Gerrard level clueless and I’m extremely happy for that 😀

• Thanks 1