Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

You suffer from impatience.

Why? Because I see no reason to pay Rafa Benitez a fortune to come here until the end of the season and then have the same problem or one even worse at the end of it? 

We are not going to hire an interim manager for a season with 3 quarters still to play. Adopt a completely different set of tactics, system etc to then rip it all up again next year for a new manager.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Why? Because I see no reason to pay Rafa Benitez a fortune to come here until the end of the season and then have the same problem or one even worse at the end of it? 

We are not going to hire an interim manager for a season with 3 quarters still to play. Adopt a completely different set of tactics, system etc to then rip it all up again next year for a new manager.  

Calm down Lucas.

Slate is clean 👀

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

We can, I’m just not convinced we should.  It’s a massive risk for so many reasons and we’ve just taken one of those and failed, I personally think we need pay whatever is needed to get somebody elite and somewhat more proven.  It’s just my opinion but I think we need to be more risk adverse this time and that means a more difficult appointment to make.

Also responding to @imavillan

Ding ding ding ding!

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Go away please.

Like I've been saying all along, no more f****ing trainees pleeeese!!!

This is not a club ti learn your trade!

I admire your club pride. I understand that, and I feel the same. I do worry we're a little like old men talking about how the old neighbourhood used to be so great, but everyone has moved on. 😞

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

You guys lost me 3 references ago.

Here have an Emery flexible tactics* video

*I know, a manger who changes tactics based on the situation, crazy

And Danjuma "Emery is a tactical mastermind!" (they went on to draw the second leg and went through)

The Yellow Submarine are actually a lot of fun to watch, too, even when they've lost. We have some players, like Bailey, that I feel would be able to find direction and home in an Emery set-up. He might even be able to get Coutinho clicking again. Kamara would be a natural fit. Not sure about McGinn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

The Yellow Submarine are actually a lot of fun to watch, too, even when they've lost. We have some players, like Bailey, that I feel would be able to find direction and home in an Emery set-up. He might even be able to get Coutinho clicking again. Kamara would be a natural fit. Not sure about McGinn. 

Cheers! Good to hear they are a good watch. I dont really know much about them. But I will check em out the la liga games! They are on ESPN I think! 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

You guys lost me 3 references ago.

Here have an Emery flexible tactics* video

*I know, a manger who changes tactics based on the situation, crazy

And Danjuma "Emery is a tactical mastermind!" (they went on to draw the second leg and went through)

We would be bloody lucky to get hold of Emery. 

I was reading an article this morning saying that Emery's tactics would better suit our players over Poch due to Poch's high press and concerns over the current midfield, Ings, Countinho etc to work within that style.

It made some sense and hopefully the owners are making similar assumptions, rather than having another manager and having to change the squad again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Go away please.

Like I've been saying all along, no more f****ing trainees pleeeese!!!

This is not a club ti learn your trade!

Who do you suggest then? Poch and Tuchel won't touch us, so who's our elite experienced saviour?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I was reading an article this morning saying that Emery's tactics would better suit our players over Poch due to Poch's high press and concerns over the current midfield, Ings, Countinho etc to work within that style.

It made some sense and hopefully the owners are making similar assumptions, rather than having another manager and having to change the squad again.

It makes sense. Pretty exciting if we could persuade him. I think we all agree we want a real coach. This guy has gone head to head with the best and won. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Him mentioning that the timing is a shame, as he thinks Potter would have been a great fit for us.... stings a little. ( As it's true )

Our bloke seems to love Gallardo but chooses Amorim from the list.

Interesting indeed.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Him mentioning that the timing is a shame, as he thinks Potter would have been a great fit for us.... stings a little. ( As it's true )

Our bloke seems to love Gallardo but chooses Amorim from the list.

Interesting indeed.

And just seen this... 🙄

• Like 3