Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Joachim lows a free agent. I think he is a masisve name in world football. Wouldn't say no to him if he was interested

i think hes done even if he does say he'll come back one day, he wasn't a hugely successful club manager anyway, does some media work but not a lot else, he turned down a big role at the DFB, can't see him coming back for a job like villa, other than Stuttgart he has no real ties to most of the Bundesliga clubs either, he'll do the world cup for TV here and then slowly slip out of view

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not to dude you, but DUDE -- there are some real similarities. One is a lot more handsome, for sure, but they both like to sit deep and aren't known for their sparkling offenses.

I just dont see them sorry Marka.

Sean Dyche vs Rúben Amorim

Sean Dyche-
11/12 years in management. 
Won 1 trophy the Championship. 1 Relegation. Never managed in the Champions League.
34.7% win rate at Watford & 35.1% at Burnley

Rúben Amorim-

3/4 Years in management 
Won 5 trophies including The Primeira Liga. Managed in the Champions League
72.73 % Win rate at Braga B, 76.92% at Barga and 70.49% at Sporting. 

Edited by messi11
  • Thanks 1

We **** up with Gerrard. Inexperience combined with no managerial talent.

But if a manager has talent, inexperience is less of a factor. Guardiola had one years experience in the Spanish third division. Zidane had two years in same division 

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The top clubs appoint managers without Prem experience all the time. Guardiola, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte, Mourinho, all were appointed by top clubs in the Prem without having worked in England before. Why can they do it?

Fair points.

What's Pulis up to? Now you can't say he hasn't got PL experience.

Big Sam

Brucie

All donkeys years of top flight experience.

What we need is someone who can coach, someone who can translate tactics into a recognisable playing style to get the best out of this bunch. We have the talent, they just need direction and the confidence to do it.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Surprised by the lack of links to Emery. Think he ticks all the boxes we need tbh. 

Yeah, I think so too.

Amorim is a pretty sexy option but he's expensive and pretty inexperienced, especially compared to Emery. Would you believe that at 50, Emery has managed 925 games already? 

17 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I just dont see them sorry Marka.

Sean Dyche vs Rúben Amorim

Sean Dyche-
11/12 years in management. 
Won 1 trophy the Championship. 1 Relegation. Never managed in the Champions League.
34.7% win rate at Watford & 35.1% at Burnley

Rúben Amorim-

3/4 Years in management 
Won 5 trophies including The Primeira Liga. Managed in the Champions League
72.73 % Win rate at Braga B, 76.92% at Barga and 70.49% at Sporting. 

Holy s**t . >70%?

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, I think so too.

Amorim is a pretty sexy option but he's expensive and pretty inexperienced, especially compared to Emery. Would you believe that at 50, Emery has managed 925 games already? 

That's a pretty sexy top two. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

He didn’t nearly do it, he did do it :thumb:

Had totally forgotten that! 

Had to look it up, but of course, the Celta Vigo tie. Anyway  we need a manager with that same kind of hunger, not expecting the same outcome  for the rest of this season though

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We couldn’t convince Poch
We couldn’t convince Tuchel

If we can’t convince Emery
Then for me it Amorim, and My mind cannot be changed regardless of what people think of the Portuguese league.

We have zero evidence of this btw. Just the same ITK's who were telling us Gerrard was not going to be sacked till at least the world cup.

Every name is in play right now till we hear from the managers concerned that they are ruling themselves out.