Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Alex Ferguson never had a style of footbal

He had a few in his time. Mostly to do with wingers and runners from deep, for a while he liked to play with a proper old school 10.

How can you possibly say Alex Ferguson did not have a style of football?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

But you’ll take a bloke from a 3 team league who up until this morning , you’d never heard of. Ahhhhh, our fans 😃

You WANT Dyche, and you're questioning my taste? Jesus wept.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I totally see your viewpoint, and I’d love a manager that can be here for years, I just think we have to be able to find someone with a bit more pedigree than Dyche.

Dyche did get Burnley in the top 5, and Ranieri won the league with Leicester, but I’d want neither of them at Villa despite their success.

Emery is the manager I’d love us to sign if we aren’t going to take a huge risk, then you get into the realms of Gallardo and Amorim.

Whoever comes in though has to get the full backing of everyone, otherwise it’s just going to be **** miserable again.

The same Gallardo who’s been hiding in Argentina for 8 years. And Dyche ain’t good enough for us. Jesus wept!!!

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But you’ll take a bloke from a 3 team league who up until this morning , you’d never heard of. Ahhhhh, our fans 😃

i like how you just assume that just because you've never heard of him, anyone that wants him hasn't either and are just posturing like they know-it-all. why do people do this? 

Edited by abdomlahor

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

There is no perfect fit......They will all have shortfalls.

but somebody, needs to get some fire in the bellies of this lot.....desire, workrate, and intensity, has gone, there is no urgency or fight.

Thats the first thing to get back.

These players have been hiding for far, far too long.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

You WANT Dyche, and you're questioning my taste? Jesus wept.

I’m questioning the fact that you are ok giving the job to a fella who manages in a 3 team league after one of the worst managers in our history got sacked after coming from a 2 team league. Have you not seen that film before ? 🤭

I can’t see how we’re not banging Villarreal’s door down for Unai. He has spades of everything we need and I would love to see. 

By far my number 1 candidate at this point I think. 

• Like 3

I hope we get someone who can find a way to forge an "all-in" sense of unity and creative "profluence," for lack of a better term, from top to bottom with the club. I'm more worried about disbelief and fear in our club and squad than I am about reputation or coaching glamour and not being "embarrassed." We need someone with genuine substance, who can do more than spout off coaching and publica relations cliches -- someone intelligent but also good at managing and motivating people and inspiring supporters. Style and reputation can collapse in a matter of days. We need creative brilliance but also mettle.  

5 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I can’t see how we’re not banging Villarreal’s door down for Unai. He has spades of everything we need and I would love to see. 

By far my number 1 candidate at this point I think. 

Feel the same. Not sure he would come, but his Yellow Submarine are a joy. 

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He had a few in his time. Mostly to do with wingers and runners from deep, for a while he liked to play with a proper old school 10.

How can you possibly say Alex Ferguson did not have a style of football?

The Mixer by Michael Cox is a pretty good account of how Ferguson evolved United from playing route 1 ‘English’ brand of football and being hammered in Europe in the early to mid 1990s,  and turned them into European Champions. Ferguson definitely knew what he was at in terms of tactics and style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I’m questioning the fact that you are ok giving the job to a fella who manages in a 3 team league after one of the worst managers in our history got sacked after coming from a 2 team league. Have you not seen that film before ? 🤭

So right there you are comparing the Portuguese league to Scotland, omitting any reference to performance in the Champions League (last 16), and also implying in your previous post that using statistics and recorded history to supplement our own knowledge is in some way not desirable?

Or would you only advocate managers you have personally witnessed the careers of?