Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

He plays a 343 👀

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Would be another big gamble.

I like them, FWIW, but it’d be another big gamble. 

Agree that he'd be another big gamble but who knows. I have little faith in anyone turning this around in the short term so maybe a gamble is whats needed. 

What I would say is that his 3-4-3 apparently relied heavily on full backs as part of their attacking play which made me a big sick in my mouth reading it. 

Matty Cash does some stuff well but his crossing is similar to Neil Taylors. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's gotten like 5 or more other things correctly before anyone else.

None of this is based on just Poch.

However, he spoke about SG being in danger and the Club looking at Poch months ago.

Spoke of us trying to have talks etc, and more recently came out and said Poch declined, before media even started reporting of any sort of interest. Lol

Spoke about interest in Frank and Emery way in advance also.

We can't only believe an " ITK " when they say things we want to hear.

He's gotten too many things right, too early to be on a wind up.

People started believing him due to a track record.

All those things listed still speculation, media talk, and things that might never be confirmed definitively even once we've made an appointment.

Not that I particularly buy any of these twitter ITKs, but wasn't there another guy that was literally naming players we'd sign before even any talk of them in the press, like Chambers.

Pochettino would live in London and only use us as a short term gig for something better. 

I'm not too fuzzed. 

Want managers who is desperate for the job and fully motivated+committed. 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sidcow said:

On what evidence have you come to this conclusion.  They'll have had feelers out for a while despite the internet rumours become fact that Purslow is in love with Gerrard.

Purslow at the Fans’ Consultation Group

I have reservations over Amorim handling a team that has lost games and turning it around. He's done a fantastic job but his first struggles have been this season and he doesn't seem to be able to change things.

Emery fits the bill most for me as well. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's gotten like 5 or more other things correctly before anyone else.

None of this is based on just Poch.

However, he spoke about SG being in danger and the Club looking at Poch months ago.

Spoke of us trying to have talks etc, and more recently came out and said Poch declined, before media even started reporting of any sort of interest. Lol

Spoke about interest in Frank and Emery way in advance also.

We can't only believe an " ITK " when they say things we want to hear.

He's gotten too many things right, too early to be on a wind up.

People started believing him due to a track record.

Fair enough although I don’t particularly think any of that is particularly telling, I rarely believe any “ITK” FWIW regardless of whether I like what they are saying or not. 99% just employ the throw enough darts at the dart board strategy.

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Agree that he'd be another big gamble but who knows. I have little faith in anyone turning this around in the short term so maybe a gamble is whats needed. 

What I would say is that his 3-4-3 apparently relied heavily on full backs as part of their attacking play which made me a big sick in my mouth reading it. 

But KKH could thrive in such a setup.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Amorim has done some incredibly impressive stuff so far. In half a season made Braga the most in-form team in Portugal, which got him the Sporting job where he proceeded to win them their first league in two decades. Ironically he's only really starting to get wider acclaim now (presumably because of some good Champions League results) when things have dropped off a bit in the league as they've begun to have players more picked off and have struggled as a result, so it could be a good time for him to move on. Would be an exciting one if Villa managed it.

Would be the younger manager in the PL too! 

Just now, VillaLion63 said:

Sky are so pathetic. Saying we are searching for our 3rd manager in 12 months ! Do they count caretake manager.

Smith was sacked in November. It will be 3 just inside a year

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

Every manager is a gamble. Gerrard was also a gamble that failed. The days of “safe hand” managers are gone in my opinion 

Every manager is a gamble, but which is the better bet - the one that has a slim record, or the one that's been there and done that and done well more often than not?

Either might fail still but in our situation right now, you'd make the safer bet. And if it fails, at least you can see that it was done with a sensible approach, rather than bet the house on a name without anything to back it up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villaglint said:

If I'm honest we should be looking to upgrade Cash as soon as possible. He's so limited on the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaLion63 said:

Sky are so pathetic. Saying we are searching for our 3rd manager in 12 months ! Do they count caretake manager.

Dean and Gerrard both full time managers. This appointment will be our 3rd manager in 12 months... Nothing wrong with that reporting, it's true.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Pochettino would live in London and only use us as a short term gig for something better. 

I'm not too fuzzed. 

Want managers who is desperate for the job and fully motivated+committed. 

Indeed, one who will grow with the club and see both his, and our stock rise.

If/when they move on, it should be because they have had us " punching "

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Dean and Gerrard both full time managers. This appointment will be our 3rd manager in 12 months... Nothing wrong with that reporting, it's true.

It is a weird way to word it though.

On 19/10/2022 at 20:27, OLDVILLAIN said:

I have watched Villa go through 22 managers in my time supporting the club.

First match Vic crow was the manager and now its Steven gerrard.

He has to be sacked now..the 15.5m in extra shares yesterday just rubber stamped his p45 for me.

Not sure if we can get poch if i am honest, Thomas frank would  be another gamble and Emery is quite a good shout if not a tad temperamental

Look on the bright side..we can only go up from here.UTV!

A new coach would revitalise these players and give them back some belief in themselves also.,

I can go back to watching Villa under Joe Mercer, 26 managers later, we still have managers with low win percentages in relative terms.....Graham Taylor Mk 1 had the best with 45.77 according to Wiki'....and even he had critics, relating to the way we played.

Consistency, has rarely been in our DNA......just splatterings under certain managers.

We have to look on the bright side, but getting managers right, is not our forte.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

David Ornstein says Ruben Amorim is in the race!!! 
What an appointment that would be 

No thanks...  Here's why:

• Only 37 and only has 3 full seasons of top flight management in Portugal
  • Gerrard's team outcoached him in the Europa League in 2020
  • Despite last season's historic performance at Sporting, his team are already massively struggling this season

He isn't ready for the Villa job at this time...  Basically the equivalent of being the Portuguese Gerrard at the point in his career...  Needs several more years of successful management before coming to the Premier League.

• Like 4