Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

Gallardo not even in the betting.  Can see why.  He's the appointment we should have made after Dean, probably deemed too much of a risk now having not managed in Europe.  Will likely end up in France, Spain or Italy now.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Dale said:

Nooooo this may well be his formula, but it wasn't working whilst he was here... 

Have to disagree. Not sure we should confuse the issues this season with last season, because there were absolutely signs of progress last season and clear differences in approach on the pitch and in underlying statistics.

10 game average npxG (Green) and npxGA (Orange) for Beale's tenure. Reached 10 games on 22/01/22 so anything before that includes games under Smith.

image.png.f5c04a295703eea973f4c8877da8ddb7.png

Fairly quick drop in chances conceded, pretty much maintained at good level until late in season. Longer to improve chances created but did so, to point where, with the improvements defensively as well, the npxGD was +0.52 at peak end of April/early May (was -0.4 in Smith's last 10 games), again with small drop off.

On the drop off at the end, take just the games against City and Liverpool where they were chasing the title out the equation and the drop of doesn't happen, npxGA barely goes above 1, and npxGD would still be around +0.25.

First 10 games of this season the same numbers look like this: avg npxG 0.9, npxGA 1.07, npxGD -0.17. So less of a difference defensively, but big drop of in chances created from a peak 10 game average of 1.41npxG from a run ending early May.

Either way, given the noise around club being willing to spend big, plus the fact there is an associating with the man we've just sacked, plus Beale's own recent comments on the Wolves approach, I highly doubt he'll be realistically considered, even if he's probably not a bad economical option.

Pochettino says NO to the Villa Job.! He's out the race along with Frank and Tuchel. 

My Top Choices Updated:

1) Ruben Amorim
2) Marcelo Gallardo
3) Kjetil Knutsen
4) Unai Emery

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah, @OutByEaster? has mentioned that a few times. I believe he spoke to Wes about it.

(apologies if I've tagged the wrong person)

With the greatest of respect to OBE, all we really know is that after it was widely reported we'd formally made the offer and been rejected, that someone at the club (I htink it was Purslow) privately denied it. which I probably would too ;) 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Some blosers and wind up merchants obv going on bbc website and viting for dyche as he is top in the poll.

Any normal villa fan would not choose dyche over poch tuchel or emery

They would love him to have been linked with them though, I really hope they will grow to hate whoever we do appoint, because he will be doing a good job for us. 

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The scary thing is, if we get this next appointment wrong we’re going down.

Gerrard was the "wrong" appointment and he kept us up from an almost identical position. Wouldn't worry about relegation too much yet.

I don't think there's any particularly click-baity about thinking it's highly unrealistic that Villa could convince Pochettino to take over. I'd be absolutely stunned if it happened. Whether folk like it or not he's operating at a higher level now.

It appears to be playing out exactly as " Lyric " said it would to be fair 🤷🏾‍♂️.

" Media have caught onto the Poch story late, soon you'll start seeing stories that he isn't interested " etc.

Unless the manner of yesterday's defeat have given the board new impetus to try even more aggressively

Anyway, could we possibly find " The next Pochettino" ?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Ah, clickbait. Sweet clickbait. I’ve missed you. 

Indeed, I point blank refuse to click on links that have one word CAPITALISED in them.

Similar to ones that have "You won't believe...."

Just clickbait so they can vomit adverts all over your browser