Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

1 minute ago, jim said:

Frank is about to sign a new contract at Brentford.

I’d be plenty happy with Emery. Poch would be the ideal candidate but never believed he’d come to us in our current state.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RicRic said:

What if we draw against fulham but beat brentford does gerrard still stay ??

Lage got sacked a few days after Wolves beat Southampton didn't he?

I really really hope it's just a question of timing now with next manager now.

• Like 1

Just now, TreeVillan said:

Any reason why people are getting news from someone with FPL in their name? 

He said the sarr deal was off before it was officially announced same with the kamara deal

Just hope he’s wrong this time

• Thanks 1

Not sure what to make of this 'Lyric' guy, he has seemingly got a few things right early on (Kamara, Sarr deal collapsing), things you couldn't easily guess, but also makes some fairly obvious predictions as some kind of proof to his validity. Then there's the random deleting and re-appearance of the account.

Last week he was saying that Thomas Frank was 'desperate' to join us, and now he's supposedly signing a new contract. So, clearly he does just guess at some things or is not as close to them as he likes to appear.

Also, I don't buy the whole mainstream media are months behind him on Pochettino. Rumours that are months old are long dead, news and situations change too quickly, especially in this day and age, and so are unlikely to be picked up and ran with when there are plenty of more up to date rumours flying around.

If I had to guess I'd say he's had some info come his way at some point, likely from an agent, enjoyed the attention it brought and he's made the the most of it, and now wants some more, whether he's still getting information remains to be seen though.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Every club that exists is a selling club, bar Real Madrid

Yes but is difference between Ajax, Leverkusen who need to sell to compete or Premier League clubs with billions to spend

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Not sure what to make of this 'Lyric' guy, he has seemingly got a few things right early on (Kamara, Sarr deal collapsing), things you couldn't easily guess, but also makes some fairly obvious predictions as some kind of proof to his validity. Then there's the random deleting and re-appearance of the account.

Last week he was saying that Thomas Frank was 'desperate' to join us, and now he's supposedly signing a new contract. So, clearly he does just guess at some things or is not as close to them as he likes to appear.

Also, I don't buy the whole mainstream media are months behind him on Pochettino. Rumours that are months old are long dead, news and situations change too quickly, especially in this day and age, and so are unlikely to be picked up and ran with when there are plenty of more up to date rumours flying around.

If I had to guess I'd say he's had some info come his way at some point, likely from an agent, enjoyed the attention it brought and he's made the the most of it, and now wants some more, whether he's still getting information remains to be seen though.

He’s from America too probably knows someone close to the Edens who has a direct line into the club. He said Bailey was starting on Sunday hours before. Obviously could have been a very lucky guess. 

The Thomas Frank thing is the interesting part of his posts yesterday Frank himself mentioned rumours and that his contract is up in 2025. Apart from this lyric guy I haven’t seen anything about Frank’s future (apart from the news about a new contract yesterday). 

• Like 1

Just now, a m ole said:

He’s Chief Transfer News Officer at DeanJonesMedia and Lead Global Reporter on the Soccer Stats Patreon NFT Project bro. I’d put every DogeCoin I have on Alan Curbishley if Dean Jones told me to.

Trust me lads, this guy has info 👀🚀🌖 

image.gif.0043c01068c065795a27aaef5afffb36.gif

On the way to the bookies now......

5 minutes ago, a m ole said:

He’s Chief Transfer News Officer at DeanJonesMedia and Lead Global Reporter on the Soccer Stats Patreon NFT Project bro. I’d put every DogeCoin I have on Alan Curbishley if Dean Jones told me to.

Trust me lads, this guy has info 👀🚀🌖 

That’s not all he does…

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886mllh84452dlikebmh0

• Haha 1

I’d be ok with Thomas Frank. Whilst I’d be delighted with Poch, I could see a reality where it didn’t go well due to him costing us a fortune and wanting us to spend beyond our means. I think Frank could do a good job. Emery would also be a sound option.

Im just ready for a fresh start, feels like our season has completely stalled until this gets sorted but we’ll be glad of every point at the end. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

He’s from America too probably knows someone close to the Edens who has a direct line into the club. He said Bailey was starting on Sunday hours before. Obviously could have been a very lucky guess. 

The Thomas Frank thing is the interesting part of his posts yesterday Frank himself mentioned rumours and that his contract is up in 2025. Apart from this lyric guy I haven’t seen anything about Frank’s future (apart from the news about a new contract yesterday). 

If it's coming from Eden's side, I'm not sure he'd be getting any team news in advance, I don't think Eden's knows or needs to know line-ups unless he has intentions of meddling in the team. We run a really tight ship and that's led by Purslow and the owners, I can't see a leak coming from any of them.

Also, I don't think it's much of a prediction to guess that Bailey would start anyway, Gerrard was always likely to go as close to the same team as against Man City, so as soon as Bailey was announced fit it seemed highly likely he'd be starting.

The Frank thing is more interesting. We may well be interested, so could Wolves or Bournemouth, or any number of teams looking for a manager. The fact is his star is on the rise and that will generate interest, our manager is about to be sacked so putting those two things together isn't difficult, but the timing of his new contract talks certainly suggests Brentford are trying to warn off interest.

The problem with these kind of accounts is they can always delete the stuff they get wrong, so when you read through it seems like they are on to something, the odd person will remember and call them out, but who's listening to them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

If it's coming from Eden's side, I'm not sure he'd be getting any team news in advance, I don't think Eden's knows or needs to know line-ups unless he has intentions of meddling in the team. We run a really tight ship and that's led by Purslow and the owners, I can't see a leak coming from any of them.

Also, I don't think it's much of a prediction to guess that Bailey would start anyway, Gerrard was always likely to go as close to the same team as against Man City, so as soon as Bailey was announced fit it seemed highly likely he'd be starting.

The Frank thing is more interesting. We may well be interested, so could Wolves or Bournemouth, or any number of teams looking for a manager. The fact is his star is on the rise and that will generate interest, our manager is about to be sacked so putting those two things together isn't difficult, but the timing of his new contract talks certainly suggests Brentford are trying to warn off interest.

The problem with these kind of accounts is they can always delete the stuff they get wrong, so when you read through it seems like they are on to something, the odd person will remember and call them out, but who's listening to them?

Oh indeed it’s all guesswork. As you said the agent angle is most likely as they’re always running their mouths. 

Things change in football all the time too. As we saw with the Sarr deal. 

If I recall, only Leicester were linked with Frank and that was about a month ago? I'm sure I saw links that said he is number 1 on the list of replacements for them. I think Leicester are banking on Rodgers leaving as they don't want to pay out his comp, so if Frank was our option we'd be at an advantage I guess.

• Like 1